2024 Lexus GX 550 production allocation

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
I wanted to relay some information originally shared on the GX 550 Facebook group concerning the production distribution of all Lexus GX 550 models.

The production allocation is as follows: only 5% will be for the premium version, 20% is allocated for the Premium+ variant, 35% goes to the Luxury edition, and the remaining 40% is dedicated to the Overtrail model.

2024-lexus-gx-allocation2.jpg

Also note that the GX 550 is solely manufactured in Japan.

I was leaning towards Premium+ or Luxury anyway... with the bench. Overall, I think those are good percentage breakdowns.

Sadly, I am apparently restricted to the Luxury+, as in our early 80's, we need the power running boards. This said, I am grateful it is available. Aftermarket on a Overtrail? Possibly, but prefer OEM stuff. HATE the 22" wheels, but easily replaced.

Sadly, I am apparently restricted to the Luxury+, as in our early 80's, we need the power running boards. This said, I am grateful it is available. Aftermarket on a Overtrail? Possibly, but prefer OEM stuff. HATE the 22" wheels, but easily replaced.
I to prefer to get OEM parts when I can, but I wouldn't let running boards sway you from getting the trim you want. Plus, you can probably have your dealer order the OEM power running boards and install them on an Overtrail trim. All the mounts and wiring should be the same on all the trims so I don't see why you couldn't get the part number for the running boards and order them.

I wanted to relay some information originally shared on the GX 550 Facebook group concerning the production distribution of all Lexus GX 550 models.

The production allocation is as follows: only 5% will be for the premium version, 20% is allocated for the Premium+ variant, 35% goes to the Luxury edition, and the remaining 40% is dedicated to the Overtrail model.

View attachment 77

Also note that the GX 550 is solely manufactured in Japan.
I really like the idea of having a 7 seater. Ideally, I would have taken the Overtrail+ in that configuration if it were available. Failing that I would take the Luxury+ in that configuration, but from this build schedule it looks like that is only going to be available with Captain's Chairs.

When I looked at the GX order guide it looks as though the Captain's Chairs are an available option and not a default configuration.

i have 3 kids and the 6 seater configuration in our GLS is fine when we're going out and about, but it becomes problematic when we go anywhere requiring some cargo space.

The 7 seat configuration is the reason I leaned more toward the GX over the LC 250. What's more of a reliable indicator of what will be on offer, this production schedule, or the order guide?

So, I just saw the Overtrail on display at the Lexus Experience and I was told the running boards are standard across on all trim levels. The Luxury+ gets the power running boards, but the remainder of the trims get the stationary running boards.

So, I just saw the Overtrail on display at the Lexus Experience and I was told the running boards are standard across on all trim levels. The Luxury+ gets the power running boards, but the remainder of the trims get the stationary running boards.
Thank you! That was my suspicion. However, will be surprised if they do not offer some variant of a rock slider on the Overtrail. As of late Toyota seems to be leaning heavy on partnerships with aftermarket accessory makers. A recent video of the underside of a pre-production Overtrail showed zero skid plate protection, and cannot feature the final product not having this.

Thank you! That was my suspicion. However, will be surprised if they do not offer some variant of a rock slider on the Overtrail. As of late Toyota seems to be leaning heavy on partnerships with aftermarket accessory makers. A recent video of the underside of a pre-production Overtrail showed zero skid plate protection, and cannot feature the final product not having this.
When I was at the PNW Expo, two guys CBI offroad was getting measurements on the Overtrail at Lexus display for a front bumper. I'm quite we should get plenty of aftermarket support.

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%