GX550 Caviar Photos ⚫

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
First close upphoto of the GX550 in Caviar!

caviar-gx550.jpg

I found the caviar to be an exceptional color in person. What I don’t like is the pearl flake that it has underneath the clear coat. I would have preferred a solid black like the old GX. The pearl flake messes with my ocd and makes me thing the whole car has chips and inconsistencies lol.

I do like the pearl on the white color though. I find that application sparkles and makes the brilliance of the paint pop out more in that color palette.

@Planetfa11 Overtrail in Caviar.

img_6199-jpeg.1044

Thanks for adding, @Dragoon!

Mine is the only one I've seen in person so I am looking forward to more Caviar pics. Nori was our other choice but Caviar arrived first. There are times when I think Caviar hides all the beautiful details in the new model - for example, the beveled edges on the doors, and the grill disappears completely (some owners may want the grill to disappear :)).

Adding a pic of our GX 550 on pick-up day:

GX550_pickup_day.jpeg

I also have a Caviar allocation and am happy about it for some reasons, but can see what you're saying about the body lines. It also looks a bit slimmer and stealthier, but I guess those are always the pros/cons of black. Any more folks out there with more Caviar pics?

I have a Caviar OT+ arriving at the end of the month. I'm going to tint match the 2 front windows and wrap the silver bits on the front and rear bumper in black.

@Dragoon - Great looking ride!

I feel like front and rear bits on Premium+ are black, but then they add silver on the running boards ARGH!
I have a Caviar Premium Plus, my original choice was white or black and I ended up with Cavier. I would rather have white, my wife likes Caviar. I took my GX in for a precautionary oil change at 1200 miles my service tech loves the Cavier over white... clearly personal preference!

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510