Hello from Kansas

Ryno956

Mar 23, 2024
Kansas
Have a deposit on the new 550. It will be replacing a ‘22 Bronco. Looking forward to learning from all here.

Reactions: MJE
How did you find the Bronco? I sat in one at the auto show (too bad the GX was a locked pre production model) & found it actually quite nice. Though I think it’d be a great upgrade (and the one many seem to take) from my Bronco Sport, I just wonder if everything about the design might be a compromise for what I expect out of a vehicle, to both be a better highway cruiser while also being decent in the city (after all the highway leads somewhere). Plus if you start piling on the options the price gets surprisingly close to the GX rather quickly.

How did you find the Bronco? I sat in one at the auto show (too bad the GX was a locked pre production model) & found it actually quite nice. Though I think it’d be a great upgrade (and the one many seem to take) from my Bronco Sport, I just wonder if everything about the design might be a compromise for what I expect out of a vehicle, to both be a better highway cruiser while also being decent in the city (after all the highway leads somewhere). Plus if you start piling on the options the price gets surprisingly close to the GX rather quickly.
Really have enjoyed the Bronco, highway speeds are not its strong suit. I had a decibel meter on my phone and on I70 doing 75mph the meter read 77… they recommend hearing protection at 80 decibels. As my daily driver it just isn’t the comfort level that I would prefer. The GX offers enough off road capability and a quiet cabin. I just can’t resist. Also there is the whole reliability thing.
🤷😁

Reactions: MJE
Really have enjoyed the Bronco, highway speeds are not its strong suit. I had a decibel meter on my phone and on I70 doing 75mph the meter read 77… they recommend hearing protection at 80 decibels. As my daily driver it just isn’t the comfort level that I would prefer. The GX offers enough off road capability and a quiet cabin. I just can’t resist. Also there is the whole reliability thing.
🤷😁
Thank you for confirming what I probably already knew. If my expectation is an improved highway cruiser over my bronco sport, then moving up to the big bronco isn’t it. Now I’d have one as a second car , that might be a nice choice.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510