Infotainment shut off

mrcee

New member
Joined
Aug 29, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
6
Location
GA
Has anyone experienced their infotainment screen randomly shut off while driving? Mine did it this morning, it turned on after about 20 seconds by itself?
 
Yes, it happened to me twice within the first month I owned the vehicle. It has not happened again. I assume it was some time of reset.
 
Yes, it happened to me twice within the first month I owned the vehicle. It has not happened again. I assume it was some time of reset.
Thanks! I'm hoping to NEVER see that again
 
Mine just arrived and it happened while I was driving out of the dealer's parking lot. It happened twice after that. My screen also have a split on the top see in the pictures.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1660.webp
    IMG_1660.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 232
Mine did something similar a few weeks after I purchased the vehicle, that was 6 months ago. At first I thought it was a glitch, but I believe it was just an automatic update coming through.
 
Not on my GX 550 but it happened twice yesterday on my wife's 2024 RAV4. I had to stop the car turn of the ignition and restart a couple of times before it came back on. It seems to happen randomly. Going in for service today.
 
Your stop or it still happens I may have to schedule an appointment to the dealer.
 
It was only yesterday morning but it’s going in for regular service today and will be checked out. I have seen several posts of people saying that their Apple Car Play goes out a lot. Were you using Apple Car Play at the time?
 
I have owned the 23 1794 Tundra it was good I have no issues. Please keep me posted on the issues
 
Will do. Just dropped it off for service. They are running diagnostics on the software
 
My Lexus navigation screen sometimes gets confused between daylight vs. night mode and I've always had that white-ish portion along the top of the screen.

A few days ago my apple car play disconnected while I was driving and I got it reconnected after a few minutes. This is the only time this has happened. I only use my apple car play app for the phone, not for music.
 
My screen had that white-ish portion along the top of the screen now the suv is only 3 weeks old.
 
Toyota ran diagnostics on Apple Carplay and the only thing they came up with was to update our phone software. Which we did. If you go to the Land Cruiser Forum you will see a thread just on Carplay and the issues people are having with it. I think its going to be a while and we may just have to life with intermittent problems until Toyota/Lexus works it out.
 
I am worried about the situation with the screen that I've always had that white-ish portion along the top of the screen. This is a $80k SUV it sad 😩
 
I agree. Keep us posted. I will let you know if there are any further developments with ours. Check out the Land Cruiser Forum. They have a thread on these issues
 
Do others NOT have the white-ish bar across the top of the Lexus navigation screen?
 
No white-ish bar on ours. Picked up on 30 Nov, so is likely a much later production.
 
I have always used Apple CarPlay to navigate and there is no white bar. When I turn off Apple CarPlay and use the Lexus nav there is a white fuzzy bar across the top of the screen
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom