Intro

Todgrubbs

May 7, 2024
Spicewood Texas
Hi, I am new to the forum, I have been a long time GX owner I have 2013 and looking forward to getting the 550. I took a test drive today at my local Lexus dealer in a premium + model and was impressed. I have a few questions before jumping in and putting my order in. What is the differences in the Overtrail vs Premium as far as on road handing goes. I do some light off road in my current GX with Michelin Latitude Tour tires that handle well on the curvy back country roads we normally drive. I noted the 550 I drove today had Yokohama Tires. My wife and I do landscape photography and go to some out of they way areas to get the picture and would like to have a more off road cappableable GX with out sacrificing the on road handling. I know the Overtrail will handle off road just fine but no one has talked about the Overtrail does for every day on road driving.

Tod

Hello @Todgrubbs welcome to the site. There have been a few discussions here on the forum that should answer most of your questions. Glad to have you aboard!

Hi, I am new to the forum, I have been a long time GX owner I have 2013 and looking forward to getting the 550. I took a test drive today at my local Lexus dealer in a premium + model and was impressed. I have a few questions before jumping in and putting my order in. What is the differences in the Overtrail vs Premium as far as on road handing goes. I do some light off road in my current GX with Michelin Latitude Tour tires that handle well on the curvy back country roads we normally drive. I noted the 550 I drove today had Yokohama Tires. My wife and I do landscape photography and go to some out of they way areas to get the picture and would like to have a more off road cappableable GX with out sacrificing the on road handling. I know the Overtrail will handle off road just fine but no one has talked about the Overtrail does for every day on road driving.

Tod
Welcome to the hood

Tod
Welcome from your neighbor over here in Fredericksburg! The Luxury+, Overtrail, and Overtrail+ are the only trims that get the Adaptive Variable Suspension. I would imagine that suspension upgrade and tires would make the biggest difference on how the new GX handles on-road and off-road. The E-KDSS is only offered on the Overtail trims, and I imagine that might also help improve the ride.

Tod
I haven't driven the other variants, and I was only interested in the Overtrail, but my Overtrail drives great on the roads.

Tod
Numerous YouTube reviews indicated that the Overtrain rides the best of them all on the pavement due to the tires and significantly better than the Luxury Plus with the 22" rims.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510