Overtrail + Payload

Tomichi1

Apr 8, 2024
Colorado
Hello everyone!

For anyone that has received their Overtrail +, would you share the payload rating from the door sticker? I’m very curious in investigating what the OT+ can tow.

Thanks!

Well Overtrail plus towing weight has been well documented as 9,063lb (that’s an OT+ specific number from their brochure btw) if that’s helpful.

The Lexus of Canada website lists payload for this tow rating as 1,367lb and considering there aren’t much in the way of options final payload shouldn’t deviate from this significantly. The only “option” that really changes weight is the moonroof delete but I think that’s a pretty uncommon spec.

Gross vehicle weight is 7,032.7 lb. And the hitch is class 4 so maxes out at ~1,000lb on the tongue, notably above a recommended 10% of total trailer weight on the tongue so you are good there.

Should be most of the numbers you need to figure out capability. A lot of half ton trucks that have less payload than this thing.

Here a Overtrail door jam sticker that shows the max payload. Roughly... 1500 lbs which isn't bad at all!

gx550-payload.jpg

Well Overtrail plus towing weight has been well documented as 9,063lb (that’s an OT+ specific number from their brochure btw) if that’s helpful.

The Lexus of Canada website lists payload for this tow rating as 1,367lb and considering there aren’t much in the way of options final payload shouldn’t deviate from this significantly. The only “option” that really changes weight is the moonroof delete but I think that’s a pretty uncommon spec.

Gross vehicle weight is 7,032.7 lb. And the hitch is class 4 so maxes out at ~1,000lb on the tongue, notably above a recommended 10% of total trailer weight on the tongue so you are good there.

Should be most of the numbers you need to figure out capability. A lot of half ton trucks that have less payload than this thing.

Yes, I agree. I’ve seen many 1/2 ton trucks with less payload. Thanks for all of this. Good information.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510