Email on GX 550 options but no reply thus far

Nickal

Apr 12, 2024
Cooper City
Sent this in to 2 execs and have not heard back. Still buying an Overtrail plus but for a company that opines the relentless pursuit of perfection, there certainly is some room with this launch...

Stephen,

I'm writing to give you some feedback on the new 2024 Lexus GX 550 Overtrail plus which I've ordered but have not yet received. First as you already know, this is a benchmark car for Lexus that has brought me back into the Lexus fold. My wife and I used to only buy Lexus vehicles but a bad experience 16 years ago had us buying BMW's, Audi's and other luxury brands. I've been following the release of this vehicle for more than a year and now that I've seen it I have some feedback that you've probably already heard and yes... I'm nitpicking a near perfect vehicle!

1. Overtrail plus should allow for the same options as Luxury plus. That I can't get a camera rear view mirror in an 85k SUV in this day in age is mystifying.
2. For 2 row Overtrail models the back seat should be able to recline further as well as slide back & forth giving the 2nd row much more available space and thus more appealing.
3. Where is the level2+ feature? Once you have this it's hard to go back to driving hiways without it! Part 2 of this; will Lexus be able to add this feature via software update to 2024 GX's?
4. On Lexus website, there needs to be an option to configure and order the car you want delivered to the dealer of your choice or to your home. My last BMW allowed me to do just that and I had a new car customized to my specs delivered within 90 days.
5. The press had not been properly educated on the Electronic Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (E-KDSS) with roll bars that electronically disengage when off-roading but are engaged on pavement thus providing better cornering and far less body roll. Many reviewers have stated the roll is excessive but they were not driving Overtrail models. Perhaps best to have E-KDSS as standard on all trims because I'd guess that 80% of the use or more will be on roads. Could also provide testers with both Overtrail and any other trim level so they could see how much better Overtrail is both on and off road.

Congratulations on an outstanding new launch and looking forward to soon owning my GX 550.

Sent this in to 2 execs and have not heard back. Still buying an Overtrail plus but for a company that opines the relentless pursuit of perfection, there certainly is some room with this launch...

Stephen,

I'm writing to give you some feedback on the new 2024 Lexus GX 550 Overtrail plus which I've ordered but have not yet received. First as you already know, this is a benchmark car for Lexus that has brought me back into the Lexus fold. My wife and I used to only buy Lexus vehicles but a bad experience 16 years ago had us buying BMW's, Audi's and other luxury brands. I've been following the release of this vehicle for more than a year and now that I've seen it I have some feedback that you've probably already heard and yes... I'm nitpicking a near perfect vehicle!

1. Overtrail plus should allow for the same options as Luxury plus. That I can't get a camera rear view mirror in an 85k SUV in this day in age is mystifying.
2. For 2 row Overtrail models the back seat should be able to recline further as well as slide back & forth giving the 2nd row much more available space and thus more appealing.
3. Where is the level2+ feature? Once you have this it's hard to go back to driving hiways without it! Part 2 of this; will Lexus be able to add this feature via software update to 2024 GX's?
4. On Lexus website, there needs to be an option to configure and order the car you want delivered to the dealer of your choice or to your home. My last BMW allowed me to do just that and I had a new car customized to my specs delivered within 90 days.
5. The press had not been properly educated on the Electronic Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (E-KDSS) with roll bars that electronically disengage when off-roading but are engaged on pavement thus providing better cornering and far less body roll. Many reviewers have stated the roll is excessive but they were not driving Overtrail models. Perhaps best to have E-KDSS as standard on all trims because I'd guess that 80% of the use or more will be on roads. Could also provide testers with both Overtrail and any other trim level so they could see how much better Overtrail is both on and off road.

Congratulations on an outstanding new launch and looking forward to soon owning my GX 550.
Nice email. As of now, I’m getting ‘24 OT+. Your points are valid and I would add camera washers and Pano roof (one that opens would be nice). I might wait until ‘25 to see if any of these points are addressed. Thanks for sharing!

This is the biggest one here. I keep my vehicles for a long time, so I like to configure them how I want them. In 35 years, I've never bought a vehicle off the lot.

Stephen,

Welcome new member ,welcome to the hood (neighborhood that is) I’m with you 100% thank you for your insight

This is the biggest one here. I keep my vehicles for a long time, so I like to configure them how I want them. In 35 years, I've never bought a vehicle off the lot.

With you 100%

Back