OT Roof Rack

Rpa11

Feb 25, 2024
Putnam, NY
My GX OT+ is due at the end of this month (Caviar/Chateau). It has the 1,500K OT roof rack. I like the look enough, but I'm a bit concerned about possible wind noise like the Sequoia has been apparently plagued with. When I got my FJ Cruiser in 2010, the wind noise on the stock roof rack was pretty loud and I eventually removed it. Most of my driving is on the highway. Haven't seen any reviews regarding this on the GX, but really don't feel like throwing $1,500 away if I'm gonna end up removing it anyway. Not a deal breaker as far as getting the GX, but has anyone seen or heard anything on this? Thanks!

I order the overtrail roof rack, too. I believe I watched a video on YouTube, and they said it had surprisingly low wind noise. I have watched so many videos that I cannot recall which covered the overtrail roof rack. So 🤞🏽 it's not too bad.

I order the overtrail roof rack, too. I believe I watched a video on YouTube, and they said it had surprisingly low wind noise. I have watched so many videos that I cannot recall which covered the overtrail roof rack. So 🤞🏽 it's not too bad.
Good news! Let's hope so! ty!

I don't want the roof rack. I don't even want the roof rails? I would rather have the rail covers like on the premium and luxury.

I got to test drive an OT yesterday and while I was there I asked about Port Installed Options (PIO) process. I was told that there are Dealer IO's and PIOs. The PIO's can be altered but there is a slim window that they have to be done. I was not told what that window was. So if you ask your dealership/salesman to change/delete an option they might be able to meet your request. The sooner the better, the worst that can happen in they say no.

I got to test drive an OT yesterday and while I was there I asked about Port Installed Options (PIO) process. I was told that there are Dealer IO's and PIOs. The PIO's can be altered but there is a slim window that they have to be done. I was not told what that window was. So if you ask your dealership/salesman to change/delete an option they might be able to meet your request. The sooner the better, the worst that can happen in they say no.

How was the test drive?

My GX OT+ is due at the end of this month (Caviar/Chateau). It has the 1,500K OT roof rack. I like the look enough, but I'm a bit concerned about possible wind noise like the Sequoia has been apparently plagued with. When I got my FJ Cruiser in 2010, the wind noise on the stock roof rack was pretty loud and I eventually removed it. Most of my driving is on the highway. Haven't seen any reviews regarding this on the GX, but really don't feel like throwing $1,500 away if I'm gonna end up removing it anyway. Not a deal breaker as far as getting the GX, but has anyone seen or heard anything on this? Thanks!
Is the roof rack from prinsu I believe it shouldn’t be a problem

I was able to get my dealer to remove the roof rack from my truck, but they had to get approval from someone to do it. I asked to remove it not long after I got the build sheet, and before it got to the port, on account of potentially being too tall for my garage. That said, it still has the rock rails and a couple other smaller things I don't care about.

Mine is also coming with a roof rack that I can not use as it makes it too high for the garage. I asked the dealer to take $500 off the price and keep the roof rack, but they declined. If someone is interested I will sell it and ship. I should have the car in about two weeks.

Is the roof rack from prinsu I believe it shouldn’t be a problem
-prinsu is a low profile rack and it a Lexus accessories,I want to buy the rock rails but not install them until I need them Lexus says no if I’m buying I would wave through right of the Warranty, but I need Alex next time I visit them

-prinsu is a low profile rack and it a Lexus accessories,I want to buy the rock rails but not install them until I need them Lexus says no if I’m buying I would wave through right of the Warranty, but I need Alex next time I visit them
To talk to the

Back