2024 GX 550 Build by Westcott Designs

35-inch tires make the GX look mega! It sounds like some pretty simple modifications are needed to make the 35s fit. I'm surprised that the offset is only +35mm.

I’m all about putting a stop to Methods on all J VINs. Heck stop this madness on TX Tundras and MX Tacomas too.
I’m losing that fight.

I just sold my modified Rubicon with 35s. While it looked awesome and we used to do some off-roading here in Colorado, truth is it was on road 99% of the time (yes, I'm willing to admit that). I'm sure GX's ride better than Wranglers, but I'm kind of over aftermarket suspension and larger tires on a vehicle already spec'd amazingly (Overtrail).

When you increase a tire diameter, it has a negative effect on many things... wear and tear on parts, a higher unsprung weight, speedometer and mileage is off, worse fuel economy, worse road handling (turning and tracking). But yes, they look cool.

I would prefer Jaos for a build their more tied in with Toyota/Lexus for a better fit, won’t be doing it any Time soon
Jaos ran a lexus backed LX600 at the Baja last year. They actually use Japanese OEMS for their suspension like KYB. IF you wanted a vehicle to copy, Jaos would be it.

I just sold my modified Rubicon with 35s. While it looked awesome and we used to do some off-roading here in Colorado, truth is it was on road 99% of the time (yes, I'm willing to admit that). I'm sure GX's ride better than Wranglers, but I'm kind of over aftermarket suspension and larger tires on a vehicle already spec'd amazingly (Overtrail).

When you increase a tire diameter, it has a negative effect on many things... wear and tear on parts, a higher unsprung weight, speedometer and mileage is off, worse fuel economy, worse road handling (turning and tracking). But yes, they look cool.
100% true

Jaos ran a lexus backed LX600 at the Baja last year. They actually use Japanese OEMS for their suspension like KYB. IF you wanted a vehicle to copy, Jaos would be it.
100%

When I told my wife I wanted to get the GX, her first question was, "But, are you going to want to lift it and put bigger tires on it?", and I told her I thought it looked so good they way it is that I would want to keep it in is original factory suspension and tire size. I think it looks really cool lifted, and if someone offered to give me a second GX for free that was lifted I would take it. But I agree that mine will spend most of it's time looking cool on pavement and only occasionally getting to actually be cool offroad.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510