2nd Row Captain's Chairs

cartermatthews

Mar 19, 2024
Oklahoma
I am on the list here in Oklahoma and was contacted by my salesmen yesterday. They had a Nori Green Luxury become available which is what I have requested. It has the 2nd row bench seat. I want the captain's chairs as we have had in our previous 2 GXs. He told me that Lexus is only making the captain's chairs in the Luxury Plus right now. Has anyone else heard that? The allotted ones on their website have several in Premium Plus and Luxury with 2nd row captain. I feel like he was just trying to get me to buy that one!

I am on the list here in Oklahoma and was contacted by my salesmen yesterday. They had a Nori Green Luxury become available which is what I have requested. It has the 2nd row bench seat. I want the captain's chairs as we have had in our previous 2 GXs. He told me that Lexus is only making the captain's chairs in the Luxury Plus right now. Has anyone else heard that? The allotted ones on their website have several in Premium Plus and Luxury with 2nd row captain. I feel like he was just trying to get me to buy that one!
Probably, it’s capitalism

I haven't heard that. I had originally spec'd out captain chairs on my premium plus build, however one of the allocation I decided to accept didn't have them. Yesterday I had a chance to check out a GX with the bench and captain chairs. I was a little disappointed with the amount of space between the seats and it didn't make accessing the third row all that much better. I also like the way the back seats lay down to create nearly a somewhat surface.

Bench Seat
gx-bench-seat.jpeg

Captain chairs:
gx-captain-chairs.jpeg

I haven't heard that. I had originally spec'd out captain chairs on my premium plus build, however one of the allocation I decided to accept didn't have them. Yesterday I had a chance to check out a GX with the bench and captain chairs. I was a little disappointed with the amount of space between the seats and it didn't make accessing the third row all that much better. I also like the way the back seats lay down to create nearly a somewhat surface.

Bench Seat
View attachment 987

Captain chairs:
View attachment 988
There is not much room between the seats. However, with 2 little boys and their friends it is nice to have the accessibility to the back.

100% + captains chairs can recline and slide forward and back, IMO a no brainer
As I look at these pictures the reason captain chairs don’t move because 3rd row cup holders,so if you need a 3rd row so be it but for overtrail and + getting rid of that will give you more room for adjustments and some room,that said for me personally captain chairs are a better look

You own one? I’m pretty sure they don’t slide. I could be wrong tho. They tumble.
My GX550 overtrail hasn’t arrived yet captain chairs are not offered what I’m trying to say it should be offered in all models so you can make the best decision for you ,all models are built on the same assembly line it should be at least offered to customers IMO if you offer interiors for specific models, it should be offered for all models

My GX550 overtrail hasn’t arrived yet captain chairs are not offered what I’m trying to say it should be offered in all models so you can make the best decision for you ,all models are built on the same assembly line it should be at least offered to customers IMO if you offer interiors for specific models, it should be offered for all models
They should slide they don’t because of cup holders but in overtrail cup holders are not needed as al smalldesign change for those models 3rd row a different story

Bench Seat
View attachment 987

Captain chairs:
View attachment 988
The back seats folded down look just like my 2010 4Runner Limited with the 3rd row folded down. In fact, the whole GX550 line looks like an improved 4R Limited....

I have a vin for a premium plus due next month with captains chairs. The demo at my dealership Is also a premium plus with captains cairs.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510