Any updates on the production delays?

Sure wish the hybrid would also step forward, but not getting my hopes up. That drivetrain, to be in the LC and Tacoma also, seems to be suffering from a serious delay.

Sure wish the hybrid would also step forward, but not getting my hopes up. That drivetrain, to be in the LC and Tacoma also, seems to be suffering from a serious delay.
Curious what is pulling people towards the Hybrid. You will get 3 or 4 more MPG but pay $10k more for the car. How long would it take for the Hybrid to pay itself off?

Maybe I am missing something with the hybrids but most of the time they are way more expensive than the gas version.

For example a Lexus TX 350 Luxury AWD starts at $62 550 while the TX 450h Luxury AWS starts at $78 050. What else differs between these models for a $16000 price difference (Not much from what I can see on the brochure). You will likely never break even on gas savings.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 10.30.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 10.30.52 AM.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
If $10K difference, then it is OFF the table! As you mention, it would never pay for itself, especially with our 3500 mile/year driving. This said, I do not expect it to be nearly $10K difference between a twin-turbo V6/10-speed, and a hybrid single-turbo 4-banger/8-Speed.

If $10K difference, then it is OFF the table! As you mention, it would never pay for itself, especially with our 3500 mile/year driving. This said, I do not expect it to be nearly $10K difference between a twin-turbo V6/10-speed, and a hybrid single-turbo 4-banger/8-Speed.
I have no idea what the difference will be to be honest, but looking at the TX it seems to be substantial. I could be missing a huge part here, just not sure what it is.

I'd even pay more NOT to have a 4-banger hybrid. I want this beast to last forever. Hybrid systems have more components that can go wrong.
I think the hybrid will be very reliable, but if a "keeper" would seriously worry about the battery and hybrid system becoming obsolete. Toyota has said/boasted they are rapidly advancing battery technology.

I was told by my dealer in Bellevue, WA that they have received an allocation and expect the first units to land around 3 to 4 weeks from now.
Great! However, this means the allocation tables available online may not be 100% current. Nevertheless, still a good resource, as once posted one can see trims, features, colors, etc., and dealer markup.

Curious what is pulling people towards the Hybrid. You will get 3 or 4 more MPG but pay $10k more for the car. How long would it take for the Hybrid to pay itself off?

Maybe I am missing something with the hybrids but most of the time they are way more expensive than the gas version.

For example a Lexus TX 350 Luxury AWD starts at $62 550 while the TX 450h Luxury AWS starts at $78 050. What else differs between these models for a $16000 price difference (Not much from what I can see on the brochure). You will likely never break even on gas savings.
That is my exact conclusion. I also decided that I would probably enjoy the twin turbo V6 driving experience much better than the hybrid and the additional cost of a hybrid would never be paid back by fuel savings.

One had to keep in the back of their mind the reasons for the shift towards hybrids, i.e. lower emissions and to meet the federal economy mandates. I think reliability will suffer to some degree, and present owner feedback is verifying this. Face it, a more complex machine...

Great! However, this means the allocation tables available online may not be 100% current. Nevertheless, still a good resource, as once posted one can see trims, features, colors, etc., and dealer markup.
Nuke, where did you find the allocation tables online? Could you share the URL? Thanks

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510