GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

suberbielle1

Jun 28, 2023
Baton Rouge
Just got this from my sales rep.

Good Morning! I hate sending this so much!!
We just got some bad news that all GX’s are going to be delayed for up to 30 days for quality control. I’m so sorry and I will keep you updated on everything I hear 😞

Anyone else receiving this notification?

We just got some bad news that all GX’s are going to be delayed for up to 30 days for quality control. I’m so sorry and I will keep you updated on everything I hear 😞

That's interesting. When was your original build time scheduled to start? Ours was to start last week May 15th and scheduled to ship out tomorrow, May 21st.

Our dealer hasn't provided any update in the past several weeks.

I just reached out to my salesman and he said sometimes Lexus puts a QC hold on specific groups of vehicles if some issue was noted on the line. It doesn’t affect continued production. (Basically if they note an assembly defect they flag all vehicles made between the defect being detected and the last inspection and QC all those vehicles manually.)

My dealer said there is no hold on my vehicle at this time.

Yup, just got the call 😔. I didn’t hear 30 days but that would be a total nightmare.

They are having issues with the plastic protector on the hood coming lose and damaging the truck. My paint on my hood was damaged.

Attachments

• IMG_4962.jpeg
    IMG_4962.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 954
  • IMG_4972.jpeg
    IMG_4972.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 928
Ouch, if it happens, but I'd rather have my OT inspected and fixed now then the disappointment after the sale. So far, my sales guy hasn't been in contact.

Reactions: MJE
It’s the protecting plastic along the front of the hood.

Thanks! I hope they fix it for your quickly. Are these the two small cushion/plastic pieces on each side that are part of the body of the truck not the hood and you can adjust their height by hand? Or is it the lining piece glued to the hood?

My Premium Plus arrived at port on May 17 and I just got word that it is being held part of the QC. Lexus will provide an update every Friday afternoon. Could be cleared sooner, could take 30 days. He said this process happens often with new models.

Yes I received this news this morning from my salesman the good news mine is in the port of N.J.HOPEFULLY this is short lived and we get a reason

Yes I received this news this morning from my salesman the good news mine is in the port of N.J.HOPEFULLY this is short lived and we get a reason

Mine is in Florida. Yes, if it really is just securing the protective wrapping hopefully it is a short delay to get that shored up. I guess that scenario is much better than build flaw concerns. My sales guy didn't know the cause though.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510