GX550 Dealer Allocations

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
I heard from my dealer (Lexus Lakeway in Austin) yesterday and she said they were expecting to receive their allocations today. If you haven't heard from your dealer in a while, be sure to check in!

Here are the first two builds of Overtrail models.

gx550-overtrail1.png

gx550-overtrail2.png

They had one, but locked at the auto show here this weekend. Of course that prompted a question from me as to when these will actually hit dealers. I was informed by 1 of 2 Lexus dealers here (Lexus of Royal Oak, Iā€™m the other end of the city so will confirm same with Lexus of Calgary) that their allocations are already sold out for this year and next. So if youā€™re not already on the list, youā€™re looking at 26. Thatā€™s without discussing which model you might hope for. Good to see them being so popular, but yes definitely surprising even for a new model that youā€™re into a 2 year wait for an allocation.

IMG_7647.jpeg

They had one, but locked at the auto show here this weekend. Of course that prompted a question from me as to when these will actually hit dealers. I was informed by 1 of 2 Lexus dealers here (Lexus of Royal Oak, Iā€™m the other end of the city so will confirm same with Lexus of Calgary) that their allocations are already sold out for this year and next. So if youā€™re not already on the list, youā€™re looking at 26. Thatā€™s without discussing which model you might hope for. Good to see them being so popular, but yes definitely surprising even for a new model that youā€™re into a 2 year wait for an allocation.

View attachment 510
Looks good! Planning on visiting it Sunday. Will see if I can't needle any of the Lexus of Calgary guys as to when my OT+ order arrives ( placed it in May 2023 ).

Reactions: MJE
IMG_3257.jpeg

Went to go visit the GX today finally looks really good in person. Took a look for the tow electronics that everyone is complaining about and IMO that's a nothing burger. Might need to keep some grease on it for boat usage but nbd.

Unfortunately wasn't allowed inside, even with an order in the book and my salesman standing with me. I get it, they let one asshole in then they have a line of people.

What I heard today on allocations, Lexus Calgary has 7 coming in the next 6 weeks ( none of which are mine supposedly ) of 45 total expected this year. They have stopped taking orders except for existing customers but even they will be waiting a long time.

View attachment 523

Went to go visit the GX today finally looks really good in person. Took a look for the tow electronics that everyone is complaining about and IMO that's a nothing burger. Might need to keep some grease on it for boat usage but nbd.

Unfortunately wasn't allowed inside, even with an order in the book and my salesman standing with me. I get it, they let one asshole in then they have a line of people.

What I heard today on allocations, Lexus Calgary has 7 coming in the next 6 weeks ( none of which are mine supposedly ) of 45 total expected this year. They have stopped taking orders except for existing customers but even they will be waiting a long time.
Thanks for the update. Yeah I thought it looked better in person even. Iā€™m tempted to email them just to see what getting on their allocation list (Iā€™d hope for an OT+) involves for future years. Iā€™m presuming theyā€™ve stopped taking orders for this year? Iā€™d wanted to see what they do with the forthcoming hybrid, but maybe Iā€™d better just get on a list first if all they need is a refundable deposit. Iā€™d have to sit in one first I think though. Good thing I donā€™t need to be in a rush for a vehicle replacement.

Iā€™d never have thought given how few GXā€™s there are out there, Iā€™d not have thought this would be such a sellout vehicle. But Iā€™m not surprised. Nobody else is doing a luxury off reader. As expensive as it seems, try optioning up a Bronco or Wrangler & see just how not expensive a GX is by comparison.

Iā€™d get on a list somewhere. Royal oak might be taking? Or maybe in sask?

I heard from my dealer (Lexus Lakeway in Austin) yesterday and she said they were expecting to receive their allocations today. If you haven't heard from your dealer in a while, be sure to check in!
When did you place the order. Mine was placed last July and still no details yet from Northside Lexus

Dealer messaged me saying they only got 1 allocation for a non overtrail model. Iā€™m also seventh on the list for an overtrail plus. Seems like itā€™s going to be a while before I get the call

had one dealer I originally reached out to but then dropped the ball so i placed a deposit elsewhere.

original dealer keeps pinging me with 550s so I finally replied since it seems like they have more coming in?

here were last 2 from today. Iā€™m looking for a regular Overtrail. hmu - iā€™m in NJ if you need contact and in the garden state.

-Matt

Attachments

• IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2735.jpeg
    IMG_2735.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2737.jpeg
    IMG_2737.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 114
Iā€™m so jealous of you guys seeing movement etc.

Meanwhile I placed a deposit in June of 2023 and canā€™t get a word out of my dealer about my order.

America just works better than Canada haha

maybe we work better for allocations but we can discuss other areas lol

itā€™s weird too based on market from what Iā€™ve seen.

the second dealer I went to and actually put $ down said they had a lot of deposits and unlikely to get a ā€˜24.

when I asked him to check model designations they were nearly all Lux or Premium (reg and + on both) so he thought Iā€™d have a reasonable shot at early allocation.

who knows though!

I received a call from my dealer out of the blue yesterday. They have a premium plus Incognito with Dapple Gray interior arriving in June with my name on it. It doesn't have captain chairs, but we might be able to live without that. She is suppose to send me the full specs within the next couple of days.

Anyone hear of anyone getting called in Canada with a GX?

Lexus of Calgary has a luxury with a vin coming soon on their website. Hopefully that means we are starting to see things come in north of the border.

Itā€™s been Crickets from my dealer in terms of communication. The last 3 months.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Letā€™s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%