Head-Up Display - Is it a must add?

Do you think the Heads Up Display is a must have? Does anyone have any experience with it in Lexus vehicles?

My Duramax 2500 had it and I almost always ignored it. I especially hate cruise control assist. Way too many times I looked down and realized I was doing 15 miles an hour under the speed limit because the guy a mile in front of me was and the car slowed down without letting me know.

The worst. Sometimes too much technology is worse, IMHO.

My only concern is the cost if my windshield cracks, the cost is gonna be more pricey compared to a regular windshield. It's not a deal breaker if it has it or not.
I would seriously doubt they have two versions of a windshield. Your comprehensive deductible is not going to care even if the the windshield is different.

My wife’s BMW has the heads up display. She likes it, I disable it the very few times I drive it. I do like the cruise control assist on my 4Runner. I often use it on interstate trips.

I find head-up display (HUD) to be annoying. I would prefer this option to be excluded but knowing allocation for Long Lexus it will be included along with every other possible option.

My Ram TRX has a HUD display and I love it! I ordered my wife's 2023 Land Rover Defender without a HUD and I regret not having it when I drive it. We do most of our family road trips in the Defender and I wished I would have ordered it with HUD.

Reactions: MJE
Never used the heads up display in my 2020 Sierra AT4 in the 2 1/2 years I drove it. It was annoying, but I also never drove very far in it aside from a few 2 hour trips a year.

For me it's one of those things that I never knew I wanted until I had it. I wear progressive lenses and it's much easier to see the HUD than to look down at the dash, so it helps me keep my speed in check. I have it on my Audi and it's nice, but my husband has it on his NX 450H+ and it's great. It's integrated with CarPlay, so you can use maps on your phone and it shows up in the HUD. My Audi doesn't do that, so I only use the HUD for speed and lane positioning really. The Lexus version is so much better.

My 2011 C6 has a HUD. Honestly, I've been using the HUD for so long, which helps at higher speed I couldn't imagine not opting for it. Now, TBF, it's probably less of a sales point if you don't have a heavy foot or find yourself driving at speeds where you need to be aware how fast you are going... However, I would consider the window HUD a required feature in any vehicle.

I'd say if you are one of those who are always seemingly being passed by every person, in every lane, then you probably would find it less needed.

I have no experience with the newer Corvette or Lexus ones, but based on what I've seen they are similar in function but overall just improved in every way.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510