Hello from Indy

SethGX

May 31, 2024
Indianapolis
I'm glad to find this forum with other enthusiastic owners and soon to be owners of GX550s. I was able to find an Overtrail in Incognito Gray that fits my needs perfectly. I live in Indy and have owned a Tundra since 2010. I planned to get another Toyota, but my lackluster experience at the dealerships pushed me to check out Lexus. I love my new GX and can't wait to get it out on some trails.

20240525_123510.jpg

I'm glad to find this forum with other enthusiastic owners and soon to be owners of GX550s. I was able to find an Overtrail in Incognito Gray that fits my needs perfectly. I live in Indy and have owned a Tundra since 2010. I planned to get another Toyota, but my lackluster experience at the dealerships pushed me to check out Lexus. I love my new GX and can't wait to get it out on some trails.
Congratulations

View attachment 1252
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Just got all the windows tinted, including 70% on the windshield. All nano ceramic for heat rejection. Also, got the whole thing ceramic coated.

Attachments

• 20240708_140550.jpg
    20240708_140550.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi. I also live in Indy metro area. Getting delivery of my GX next week or so. Can I ask who did your tinting & ceramic coat. I was looking at Ziebart but not crazy about them. I use them for my GMC Sierra 1500 and hit and miss. Have to take back for corrections. Thanks!

Hi. I also live in Indy metro area. Getting delivery of my GX next week or so. Can I ask who did your tinting & ceramic coat. I was looking at Ziebart but not crazy about them. I use them for my GMC Sierra 1500 and hit and miss. Have to take back for corrections. Thanks!
Yes, I got a few quotes and they were generally similar, but varied in what was included or extra. I was planning to use Pristine Auto Spa (Pristine Auto Spa · Indianapolis, Indiana) and they were pretty responsive, but when I was ready to do it I had a bit of a time crunch and they couldn't fit me in. I ended up using Rahal Paint Protection in Carmel (Rahal Paint Protection · Carmel, Indiana), and while there was some miscommunication on their part, to their credit, they did some extra work without charge to make it right. They did very good work and it looks great. Also, while I was there, another customer with a really sharp Mercedes convertible was gushing over my GX for about 30 minutes. Overall it was a good experience.

Looks really good! What's the next mod?
Minor things for now. I added a center console padded armrest, and one on my driver for armrest, to make it even more relaxing to drive. I added a 90 degree USB-C adapter to make it so a charging cable lays flatter for my phone, and I added a phone mount in front of the cup holders on the little section that looks like a place to put a phone, so now I know my phone will be held and not just sitting in the cup holder. I put my sunglasses on my wireless charger, so I don't put my phone there. Now I'm just getting other little things to carry around with me like an air compressor and kinetic rope. There aren't a lot of mods available yet, so I'm trying to be patient and let the marketplace come up with some cool stuff.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510