Interested in Lux+ city driving posts

Drive4Ever

May 31, 2024
Atlanta
TLDR - Hi! thanks everyone!
Glad to be here.

Back in 1986, I turned 16 and was given an 8 year old 1978 Grand Wagoneer from my grandfather. Living my whole life inside Atlanta it was great to learn how to move around neighborhoods in a body on frame, passenger 4wd truck.

I was first in line at a Toyota dealership last summer for the LC 250 but quickly realized I need a 3rd row and I can afford the safety features, acoustic insulation and comfort of the GX550. So, early December I put a deposit down at the Lexus dealership adjacent to the Atlanta Braves baseball complex. And 6 months later I’m waiting… but expecting a Lux+ allocation this Summer.

I’m here having driven 180,000 miles in my 2008 LC 200. I look forward to reading ownership anecdotes about performance, reliability and service practices. My adventure goal most days is not to rock crawl up a muddy mountain, rather be capable of moving in a vehicle across busy city intersections respecting the safety of others on the roads and myself and passengers in the GX550. Getting to places safely and home again is my goal.

Watching the YouTube footage from the desert in Arizona is less interesting to me. I’m hoping my purchase decision will be affirmed through mechanical reliability, accident avoidance and very solid insurance institute crash test survivability findings.

Last edited:
TLDR - Hi! thanks everyone!
Glad to be here.

Back in 1986, I turned 16 and was given an 8 year old 1978 Grand Wagoneer from my grandfather. Living my whole life inside Atlanta it was great to learn how to move around neighborhoods in a body on frame, passenger 4wd truck. The moniker SUV evolved not long after I started driving.

I was first in line at a Toyota dealership last summer for the LC 250 but quickly realized I need a 3rd row and I can afford the safety features, acoustic insulation and comfort of the GX550. So, early December I put a deposit down at the Lexus dealership adjacent to the Atlanta Braves baseball complex. And 6 months later I’m waiting… but expecting a Lux+ allocation this Summer.

I’m here having driven 180,000 miles in my 2008 LC 200. I look forward to reading ownership anecdotes about performance, reliability and service practices. My adventure goal most days is not to rock crawl up a muddy mountain, rather be capable of moving in a vehicle across busy city intersections respecting the safety of others on the roads and myself and passengers in the GX550. Getting places safely is my goal.

Watching the YouTube footage from the desert in Arizona is less interesting to me. I’m hoping my purchase decision will be affirmed through mechanical reliability, accident avoidance and very solid insurance institute crash test survivability findings.
Welcome to the forum.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%