Introduction - Hello from SoCal

YellowLab

May 13, 2024
Westlake Village, CA
Hello - looking forward to driving an Earth/Chateau Overtrail+ home in the next month or so. I'm came over to the OTP after ordering a Grenadier Trialmaster - which is one of the best looking vehicles out there. After driving though I was reluctant to take the plunge due to concerns in the vehicle 1st Gen - that the will address over time. Have always loved the Land Cruiser and, lets face it - impossible to beat Toyota/Lexus in quality and dealer support. Looking forward to the blend of ON and OFF road qualities that I do not think are available in any other package.

Have been in the corporate world for many years, and on the side I also own a small winery making Sangiovese and Super Tuscan Blends. Look forward to meeting many of you here and seeing folks out in the California Outback!

Hello - looking forward to driving an Earth/Chateau Overtrail+ home in the next month or so. I'm came over to the OTP after ordering a Grenadier Trialmaster - which is one of the best looking vehicles out there. After driving though I was reluctant to take the plunge due to concerns in the vehicle 1st Gen - that the will address over time. Have always loved the Land Cruiser and, lets face it - impossible to beat Toyota/Lexus in quality and dealer support. Looking forward to the blend of ON and OFF road qualities that I do not think are available in any other package.

Have been in the corporate world for many years, and on the side I also own a small winery making Sangiovese and Super Tuscan Blends. Look forward to meeting many of you here and seeing folks out in the California Outback!
Congratulations on or+ but TUSCAN BLENDS hummmmmm

Hello from another SoCal owner + ex-Grendier pre-order holder!

Our Grenadier build arrived in February but we decided against it for much the same reason - unsure about first-gen growing pains -- we were one of the first Model X buyers and had challenges in the early days of Tesla, did not want to go through it again. Took a test drive 2x for the Gren, one for about 30min around LA, and the turning radius and overall lack of on-road precision was a deal-killer as well. I'm familiar with recirculating ball steering but we would be on-road about 90% of the time and it's a better off-roader.

We have an Overtrail and I think it does everything the Grenadier does, and in some cases, better than the Grenadier (apologies to any actual owners here). The sway bar disconnect and huge articulation on the GX 550 is something that limits the Grenadier's ground contact; the payload and tow are higher in our Lexus, I could go on and on.

Pic of our Grenadier (the dealer turned around and re-listed it, I almost jumped and purchased it just on the looks, after we declined our pre-order):

2024 INEOS Grenadier (9).jpeg

Pic of our Overtrail:

IMG_0027.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @YellowLab 🍻 Another fan of the Grenadier here, and was close to ordering one but had similar concerns. I'm sure it will continue to get better over the next few years.

Personally for me the GX just seemed to be a better value and checked more boxes. It didn't hurt that my wife was in love with the new design as well.

Welcome to the forum @YellowLab 🍻 Another fan of the Grenadier here, and was close to ordering one but had similar concerns. I'm sure it will continue to get better over the next few years.

Personally for me the GX just seemed to be a better value and checked more boxes. It didn't hurt that my wife was in love with the new design as well.
My wife did not like ONE climate zone for the Grenadier and a host of other issues. Keep mama happy is the survival story...

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510