New Lexus Wannabe

Tomichi1

Apr 8, 2024
Colorado
Hi Everyone! New to the Forum and new to Lexus in general. I’m actually just a wannabe and just got on the waiting list for the GX 550 OverTrail +. I’m in Southern Colorado and our last 18 inch snowfall pushed me over the edge and I decided I needed to get something more suited for the winter. It’s been a long, long time since I’ve owned an SUV and I’m coming from many years of owning Japanese sedans (first a Mazda, now a Honda). So about a month ago I started my research for a new vehicle and I came across the Lexus GX 550. I had been looking at the GMC Yukon or a Ford Expedition up until I found the GX and it really just clicked with me. I had been interested in the new Sequoia, but I just couldn’t get passed the lack of cargo space and the third row that doesn’t fold flat. I saw the OverTrail at the Denver Auto Show last weekend and that sealed it for me. Unfortunately many others feel the same way and I’m late to the party, so I’m told it could be 8 months to a year on the waiting list before I can get one. So in the meantime I joined this forum and I’m hoping to learn as much as I can about Lexus and specifically about the GX550. Thanks for having me and I hope I can contribute to the discussion.

Reactions: MJE
Welcome! 8 months to a year actually doesn’t sound bad. I’m glad the new GX is such a hit though. The old one you really had to look for to see any on the streets. This new one really seems to just click for a lot of people I think.

I was told at our auto show they were sold out for 24 & 25. I’d like to at least sit in one first, but if they announce the hybrid model I may just have to put down a deposit anyways if refundable & get in line. Good thing I don’t need to be in a rush for a car.

Thanks. Normally I’m not patient enough to wait that long, but I’m really not in a rush and if it means getting what I want I’m okay with it. From everything I’ve read and heard, it sounds like Lexus has impressive reliability and I tend to hold on to my vehicles for a long time, so waiting a year to drive it for the following 10 years isn’t that bad.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510