Nori Green Overtrail Checking In

Caraddictionisreal

May 11, 2024
Charlotte, NC
Just picked up my Nori/Black/Black Overtrail yesterday. This is my fourth GX, including lifted 470 and 460. Excited to see what’s possible on the new platform.

Attachments

• IMG_2824.jpeg
    IMG_2824.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2825.jpeg
    IMG_2825.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 264
You should easily be able to run that size tire or larger on the new GX without any mods.
I measured across my Toyo tires brand new and they are right at 32.6 inches. I usually try to go up in size on tires to the largest possible without modifications. I put 34.5 inch tires on my Tundra and only had to slightly bend up the edge of the very light skid plate. But I have to say, the GX Overtrail looks so good with the factory tires, and drives so well on road, that when I eventually replace them I very well might just get the same tires again. Also, the fact that it comes with a matching spare is amazing, and if the spare is still good then getting the same tires keeps the size and appearance match.

I measured across my Toyo tires brand new and they are right at 32.6 inches. I usually try to go up in size on tires to the largest possible without modifications. I put 34.5 inch tires on my Tundra and only had to slightly bend up the edge of the very light skid plate. But I have to say, the GX Overtrail looks so good with the factory tires, and drives so well on road, that when I eventually replace them I very well might just get the same tires again. Also, the fact that it comes with a matching spare is amazing, and if the spare is still good then getting the same tires keeps the size and appearance match.
Agree - keeping it stock will have a lot of benefits over the one extra inch of ground clearance with a 2" taller tire.

Congrats @Caraddictionisreal 🍻 So what do you think so far compared to the old GX?
It is honestly light years ahead of the 460 (mine was a 2013). Other than the obvious styling upgrade, the power is noticeably better, particularly at speed. The turbo pulls smoothly and consistently through the midrange regardless of speed. Also, the technology is clean, simple, and current...which is a first from the handful of Toyota products I've owned (usually 10 year old UI that you cant upgrade).

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510