STICKER PRICE ADD-ON'S

Hello,
I am waiting on my Luxury + had a deposit down since last year. Test drove last weekend, really enjoyed it.
Salesman went over figures, there are two add - on's that i don't know about, Lexus Ceramic Top Coat for $1274 and Full Hood Chip for $2395.
Are these worth it? Both have a 4yr warranty thru Lexus.
Thanks.

Hello,
I am waiting on my Luxury + had a deposit down since last year. Test drove last weekend, really enjoyed it.
Salesman went over figures, there are two add - on's that i don't know about, Lexus Ceramic Top Coat for $1274 and Full Hood Chip for $2395.
Thanks.
The quality of the ceramic coat does not merit their asking price. Additionally the front clip film will show a big seam over the paint and will be an eyesore. I’d recommend omitting these two addons from your vehicle. If you wanted those addons you can go to a detailing professional and have better results. You’d probably pay the same for the front clip film but it will be of higher quality and show no visible seams. The ceramic cost should be a little cheaper. Try to find a shop that can do a paint correction, followed by the ppf for front clip, then topped eith a ceramic coat. This should run you about the same from what Lexus was selling you.

That’s what I would do if I was in your situation. You don’t have to. My brother opted for the dealer addons like those listed because he is not car savvy and wanted to add it on to his loan and have the warranty. So there is value to it if you want them to take care of it. It’s really up to you.

Last edited:
Hello,
Thanks.
Total BS! Don’t let them do this to the car. I would not do business with them if they insist.

Thanks for all the input. Here is the list and prices of the add on’s. Don’t know how compares to what other folks are seeing.

Attachments

• IMG_1515.jpeg
    IMG_1515.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for all the input. Here is the list and prices of the add on’s. Don’t know how compares to what other folks are seeing.

Say no to all the BS add-ons. You'll never get those back on resale. Your price (before taxes) is MSRP plus doc fee. Not a penny more! If they insist, walk away and look for another dealer. Most dealers are walking back mark-ups and dealer add-ons at this point.

Ask if they can add undercoat and fabric protection so the add ons hit $10K over sticker. See too if they will add Lexus 'Space Alien' protective film that covers space ships landing on the car and damaging the paint - its worth the $15K dealer charge.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510