🤔…. Anyone hook up the OEM auxiliary switches to aftermarket light bars and / or ditch lights?? (1 Viewer)

Emergencymed

Well-known member
🏆 GX of the Month
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Messages
549
Media
300
Reaction score
573
Location
San Luis Obispo
IMG_6108.webp


Since lexus went to the trouble of wiring 4 back lit auxiliary switches to two locations under the hood, Im wondering if anyone’s use them for aftermarket light bars, ditch lights etc..

I’ve seen the wireless set ups - just wondering if anyone’s used these OEM ones.

 
View attachment 25430

Since lexus went to the trouble of wiring 4 back lit auxiliary switches to two locations under the hood, Im wondering if anyone’s use them for aftermarket light bars, ditch lights etc..

I’ve seen the wireless set ups - just wondering if anyone’s used these OEM ones.


yes indeed I have. I have the M&R 30" amber light bar connected to Aux 1, and the M&R 12" white light with the amber DRL connected to Aux 2 and 3, respectively. The Aux 1 &2 connector is front driver side by washer tank and Aux 3 & 4 connector is front passenger side. To use the connectors, you need to attach pigtails for wiring to your lights. The new Toyo 4Runner pigtails work plug & play and are only $20 - 30. For Aux 1 & 2 need the Aux Hi pigtail, and for Aux 3 & 4 need the Aux Lo pigtail. Part #'s below. The Aux switches are nice, they illuminate when on and stay on or off as a real switch when engine off.
1791637000645.webp
1791637023066.webp
1791637045240.webp
 
Last edited:
View attachment 25430

Since lexus went to the trouble of wiring 4 back lit auxiliary switches to two locations under the hood, Im wondering if anyone’s use them for aftermarket light bars, ditch lights etc..

I’ve seen the wireless set ups - just wondering if anyone’s used these OEM ones.


Did both roof rack LED light bar and a pair of ditch lights on AUX switches. Used same Toyota OEM connectors as FinnGX. No reason to build your own unless you like that kind of stuff. Everything works great. For multiple accessories (beyond 4) the wireless controllers are interesting. I have a older 8 circuit Switch Pro on my 4Runner that I really like. Wireless would have been even better.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom