What vehicle will the GX550 replace?

Replacing 2017 Honda Fit with 2022 RAV4 Prime being relegated to my wife. I'm hoping to get the GX Overtrail + sometime later this year so I can continue to explore the rougher trails.

Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid. Although, I might find a way to try and keep it as an occasional commuter.

Attachments

• 2015 Porsche Cayenne S E-hybrid.jpeg
    2015 Porsche Cayenne S E-hybrid.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 10
I sold my 2018 f-150 and 2021 tesla model 3 and used some of it to get into a 2022 model y performance, leaving some dough in preparation for a new GX, not knowing when it was going to come out. Playing chess bois haha.

2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T Prestige; this is a great vehicle but the service model doesn’t compare to Lexus. Taking too long to build new Genesis only dealerships. GX gives a little more space too.

How does your Cayenne do on fuel mileage?
My average right now is showing 21mpg. But you could definitely do way better. My daily routine is hammering it on the way to drop off my daughter to school and then hammering it to get to the office. I never plug it in at night.

When I first got it, I was averaging high 20's... 28+mpg. But I was babying it.

My average right now is showing 21mpg. But you could definitely do way better. My daily routine is hammering it on the way to drop off my daughter to school and then hammering it to get to the office. I never plug it in at night.

When I first got it, I was averaging high 20's... 28+mpg. But I was babying it.
That's really good considering the power it has on tap!

I have an LR2, love it, so I'm not selling it. If I end up with a GX Overtrail, it would become my primary driver. The LR2 has been reliable and fun, so it will be an extra for when I don't want to drive the bigger GX. If I don't buy the GX Overtrail, I'll end up with a new 110 Defender. The inside of Defender is the best thing on the market; it's really the outside that is a let down. The Defender can have 18" steel wheels - wow! A Defender can have a mild hybrid 6 cylinder engine that boosts torque greatly (who cares about hp acceleration) - also awesome! .... But JLR is like Reese: they have chocolate and they have peanut butter. What the F*^%$# are they waiting for? Put the 18" steel wheel with the 6 cylnder engine, and it would be a grand slam, lights out home run. I don't know what they are preocupied with that they don't have time to do that... Instead JLR is wasting time with V8 Defenders on 22" rims. eh, isn't that a RR? Yea, I think so. You can't load a roof rack on that rig, and you can't hit a pothole either. It's a RR. The GX Overtrail has not only 18" rims, but also a solid roof. No Defener today can come with a solid roof, as JLR figures nobody uses the roof rack anyways. If JLR ever takes the time to put the steelies they have on the 2.0L on their existing 6 cyl, it's going to be an epic battle between these two.

Replacing a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with the GX550 Overtrail+. I love the Jeep, it's been to Moab 8 times, all over Utah, Arizona, Nevada... it's been a beast. No major issues other than the mule deer I hit! I want something a little more refined for the interstate... I have about 73k miles on my Jeep and as much as I love it, it's just super hard on the interstate to hear myself think. If I had endless supplies of $$$, I'd keep the Jeep and add the GX... maybe those NVDA options will pay off one day :)

Replacing a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with the GX550 Overtrail+. I love the Jeep, it's been to Moab 8 times, all over Utah, Arizona, Nevada... it's been a beast. No major issues other than the mule deer I hit! I want something a little more refined for the interstate... I have about 73k miles on my Jeep and as much as I love it, it's just super hard on the interstate to hear myself think. If I had endless supplies of $$$, I'd keep the Jeep and add the GX... maybe those NVDA options will pay off one day :)
I never knew the jeeps were so loud inside while driving on the highway. Are they all like that?

BMW X7 I have never been wild about our X7. I used to have a Land Rover Defender and loved it, but am anxious for something a bit more reliable with many of the same attributes.

Back