What vehicle will the GX550 replace?

2013 Tacoma. Bought it in 2012 and has been almost 12 years with no issues. I'm hoping the GX gives me the same. 🤞

I sold my 2018 f-150 and 2021 tesla model 3 and used some of it to get into a 2022 model y performance, leaving some dough in preparation for a new GX, not knowing when it was going to come out. Playing chess bois haha.

We might get a Y when the kids are out of the big bulky car seats. My wife really liked it but its pretty small. I think after a few years we might get the Y and pair it with the GX. Seems like a good combo honestly.

Replacing my 2017 Porsche Panamera turbo. Kind of wild my 7 year old 550hp twin turbo v8 gets better gas mileage than the new GX, but I suppose aerodynamics and weight are undefeated.

We might get a Y when the kids are out of the big bulky car seats. My wife really liked it but its pretty small. I think after a few years we might get the Y and pair it with the GX. Seems like a good combo honestly.
I think it would be a good pairing. I plan to have my GX be the main vehicle and keep the Tesla in the garage plugged in for whenever my spouse takes the GX to work and I need to get around. I work from home so having something like a Tesla that can be a set it and forget it vehicle meaning I don’t have to fill it up with gas and can just take it out to run errands or go to a local car show shows it’s value to me. I’d much prefer a sports car as the secondary vehicle but the practicality of having the EV still is nice to be honest.

I toyed with the idea of getting a Rivian or other EV suv, but after now having an EV as my only car for about a year or so, I think it’s better suited as the supplemental vehicle to the fleet. A gas suv is just so nice to have for daily outings and weekend getaways.

I just picked up my luxury+ in eminent white pearl and traded my Defender 130 S (base but with some nice options) - The GX is so much nicer.
any more details on how its nicer? Just more creature comforts?

Better to drive? things more options on the LR could solve?

Please expand, im sure lots of people want to hear as this is a key cross shop.

I just picked up my luxury+ in eminent white pearl and traded my Defender 130 S (base but with some nice options) - The GX is so much nicer.
Congrats! Being a Defender 110 owner, I would be really interested to hear what you think about the differences between the two.

Congrats! Being a Defender 110 owner, I would be really interested to hear what you think about the differences between the two.

The quality of the interior of the GX is significantly nicer and more comfortable than the Defender. The infotainment is more responsive and much less buggy. Everything seems to be so much more refined.

I love using adaptive cruise control and lane keeping functionality. Both of these were borderline unusable on the Defender. The ACC was so jerky and lane keeping wouldn't activate until you were basically going off the road. The GX is the second best for ACC and lane keeping behind Volvo's in cars that I've had.

I've read people that consider the GX interior to not be luxurious, but I have no idea what they are talking about. Maybe the premium and overtrail models aren't as nice inside? I haven't seen them. The luxury+ model is extremely nice.

It could be that I am comparing the base model Defender to the luxury Lexus, but some of the things that I didn't like about the Defender wouldn't have been different between trim levels. My Defender was definitely more utilitarian feeling than the GX, which may actually be a selling point for some.

I liked the Defender, I love the GX.

The quality of the interior of the GX is significantly nicer and more comfortable than the Defender. The infotainment is more responsive and much less buggy. Everything seems to be so much more refined.

I love using adaptive cruise control and lane keeping functionality. Both of these were borderline unusable on the Defender. The ACC was so jerky and lane keeping wouldn't activate until you were basically going off the road. The GX is the second best for ACC and lane keeping behind Volvo's in cars that I've had.

I've read people that consider the GX interior to not be luxurious, but I have no idea what they are talking about. Maybe the premium and overtrail models aren't as nice inside? I haven't seen them. The luxury+ model is extremely nice.

It could be that I am comparing the base model Defender to the luxury Lexus, but some of the things that I didn't like about the Defender wouldn't have been different between trim levels. My Defender was definitely more utilitarian feeling than the GX, which may actually be a selling point for some.

I liked the Defender, I love the GX.
Thank you for sharing your experience between the two. I'm even more excited for the GX now!

Back