2024 Lexus GX550 Build Configurator is Live!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
LexusGX550-Build.png

Lexus has launched the build tool that allows you to customize and build your own version of the GX550 on their website! This interactive tool offers a variety of options, letting you choose from different colors, features, and accessories to create a GX550 that perfectly matches your style and preferences. It's a great way to explore all the possibilities and configurations this vehicle has to offer before making a decision. So, if you've been considering the GX550, head over to Lexus.com and have fun designing your dream car!

I built my GX 550 Overtrail and the total came out to $71,149. Not bad at all considering I checked a few extra options that I would like to have but aren't needed.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 6.28.30 AM.png

I'm right at $70,000 with 2nd row captain chairs. It's too bad there aren't any wheel options for the Premium Plus trim.

gx550-premiumplus.png

View attachment 190

Lexus has launched the build tool that allows you to customize and build your own version of the GX550 on their website! This interactive tool offers a variety of options, letting you choose from different colors, features, and accessories to create a GX550 that perfectly matches your style and preferences. It's a great way to explore all the possibilities and configurations this vehicle has to offer before making a decision. So, if you've been considering the GX550, head over to Lexus.com and have fun designing your dream car!

Do we have any knowledge of how long it will take for custom built?

Lexus doesn't make custom builds. They will just make allotments that will closely match to what you want. Toyota does the same.
Thank you for the information.

More specifically I’m interested to find out if getting on a waitlist at a high volume dealer (like Longo in LA) would get me the vehicle I’m looking for (premium or premiums+) faster or building at Lexus.com and sending my order to Longo.

Thank you for the information.

More specifically I’m interested to find out if getting on a waitlist at a high volume dealer (like Longo in LA) would get me the vehicle I’m looking for (premium or premiums+) faster or building at Lexus.com and sending my order to Longo.
I'm actually on Longo Lexus wait list. I'm # 10 for a Overtrail + in Incognito with black roof and interior. Just recently talked to my sales guy and he said the earliest arrival of the GX at the dealership is late Jan or Feb. Some here on the wait list are # 400 at Longo recently lol.

I'm actually on Longo Lexus wait list. I'm # 10 for a Overtrail + in Incognito with black roof and interior. Just recently talked to my sales guy and he said the earliest arrival of the GX at the dealership is late Jan or Feb. Some here on the wait list are # 400 at Longo recently lol.
That’s great, hope you get yours soon. But if we assume 60-80 deliveries per month we can say around 5-6 months wait for the people at #300-400. Does anyone know if ordering directly from Lexus.com will be faster than getting on the waiting list now?

Lexus doesn't make custom builds. They will just make allotments that will closely match to what you want. Toyota does the same.
This is a demerit for Lexus! It's an opportunity for Lexus to offer custom builds for a high end large purchase. I totally get it for commodity models, but for a $85k+ family SUV? Yea, I think custom should be an option available, and go so far as to say it's an expectation in the luxury car market (Tesla). I can say in my case, the lack of custom was a turn off when I looked at the LC a few years ago. It seemed like LC was for other markets, and whatever the US got for allocation, dealers felt fortunate to get them as we're not the inteded market for LC. But it was $85k and not fungible in a way the buyer could say they got exactly what they wanted - and it was $85k! I had also been to a Lexus dealer to test the GX and although it was good, I didn't think it was exceptional - and ended up with a LR (which I've thoroughly enjoyed for almost a decade). But the new GX is not the old GX. It's much improved in so many ways. The Toyota/Lexus dealers in the US - however - seem a bit "self-interested" vs. the JLR dealers I've visited. I visited one Toyota dealer who only wanted to sell Highlanders - that was it. I said things like "off road" + "durable, dependable" etc. I added things like "small family so I don't need a third row." But they were just a Highlander dealer, no more. They surely had 4Runners and maybe a LC on the lot, but did they show them to a potential buyer saying things like "off road"? No way, apparently because Toyota restriced deliveries to dealers so dealers then used them to "bait and switch" folks like me into (wait for it) a Highlander. You see ads for 4Runners and spot the occassional LC in a parking lot and think "wow!" But once you arrive at the dealer, it's all "yea, but the Highlanders can go off road. The Highlander has 3 rows, so it's just as roomy as the LC." If Toyota has a weak spot, it's the dealer channel that can't seem to get allocation of cars folks want and therefore turn dealerships into strong arming potential buyers into second rate cars they have on the lot. I said "nope" and went to JLR and have a LR. Whatever else that Toyota person thinks of their Highlander, it's not a Land Rover; not even close. As for my next car, although Defender is awesome, I'm looking at the GX. The GX Overtrail has 2 features that Defender lacks: a solid roof and 18" rims. The solid roof is a benefit if you'll be using a roof rack, and the 18" rims allow for more tire choices. Other than those two features, I'd probably have another LR because they do customize orders. I'd wait for delivery of a GX, but at $85k I want what I want, exactly how I'd want it. Toyota needs to figure out how to let custom orders for builds of $85k somehow happen.

No question it’s a gap for Lexus. I briefly considered a Defender similar price to Overtrail+ and the customization and dealer willingness to order what you want is inspiring. As mentioned, same for many other lux brands.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510