‘24 GX 550 Dealer Upcharges

AD_Venture

Apr 7, 2024
Miami, FL
Hello GXers. Be careful with abusive dealer up-charges. I found a dealer with allocations in Miami, FL that is adding $10,000 to the MSRP and calling it an “Adjustment”. In a market with higher interest rates, adding an additional $10K to MSRP is quite abusive. Others in the forum have reported up to a $30K up-charge, which is ludicrous. Tahara is pumping out the new GX and they are on their way, so patience is key. All I can say is shop around for the fairest dealer and don’t let greedy sales managers take advantage of your hard earned dollars.

Just say no to dealer adjustments. I'm fine waiting for all the hype to settle down. Look at what happened to the Ford Bronco.

Just say no to dealer adjustments. I'm fine waiting for all the hype to settle down. Look at what happened to the Ford Bronco.
That’s a great example. I remember when the NewGen Bronco’s were going for $100K+ back in 2021 with a 1 year out delivery date. They had quite a backlog due to production issues and the major supply chain situation back then. Different times and a much different production plant.

Hello GXers. Be careful with abusive dealer up-charges. I found a dealer with allocations in Miami, FL that is adding $10,000 to the MSRP and calling it an “Adjustment”. In a market with higher interest rates, adding an additional $10K to MSRP is quite abusive. Others in the forum have reported up to a $30K up-charge, which is ludicrous. Tahara is pumping out the new GX and they are on their way, so patience is key. All I can say is shop around for the fairest dealer and don’t let greedy sales managers take advantage of your hard earned dollars.
I agree with you, there is no need to pay over MSRP. I passed on the new Bronco due to the markup by greedy Ford dealers. I’m lucky to have a long term relationship with my Lexus Dealer (since 2002) so they have placed me on a list with no markup. Stopped by my dealership this past Saturday for an update, I’m told to expect my Premium Plus the first week in May. Yes, there are some accessories I don’t need or want but I can live it… so be it! Increasing loan rates will (my humble opinion) negatively impact future sales thus more inventory should be available.

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%