Car seats in GX550

Mar 27, 2024
Akron, oh
Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on rear facing car seats in the new GX. I have a newborn coming right when I’ll be getting this and just concerned. I also have a 2 year old who is still rear facing for the time being. Thanks!

I would like to test it out but no dealers have these to look at.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on rear facing car seats in the new GX. I have a newborn coming right when I’ll be getting this and just concerned. I also have a 2 year old who is still rear facing for the time being. Thanks!

I would like to test it out but no dealers have these to look at.

Mount the seat in the middle of the 2nd row bench. It's doable with the 2nd row captain chairs but depends on how tall the front driver and passenger are with their seat adjustments.

We also have a baby in a rear facing seat (and a six year old in a front facing seat). From the looks of the GX550, it seems there is plenty of room. We have them in our Cayenne now and it's pretty comfortable. And the Cayenne has way less space.

We were just on a trip where we had a Toyota Sienna minivan and man, there was so much room back there, for about 1.5 seconds I almost debated getting a mini van! Oh man...

Wife and I are looking at the new 550. We have a one month old in a rear facing. We tested the car seat and it was tight. Anyone have any experience running a car seat? Any pictures that show your setup?

There aren’t many cars that will accommodate a rear facing convertible car seat without some tightness.

Unless full size SUV or minivan is in the cards there will be some level of compromise

There aren’t many cars that will accommodate a rear facing convertible car seat without some tightness.

Unless full size SUV or minivan is in the cards there will be some level of compromise
Fair point. I guess we’ve been spoiled with my wife’s Tiguan, that one has loads of rear seat space.

I saw a video on youtube where an owner had a rear facing seat installed. His only complaint was getting his pants dirty against the rear tire while leaning in to reach the child. It seems that with the door open the tire is exposed.

Boys (5 and 6) are in boosters now so not a problem for us, but the 3rd row does not have any anchors for carseats. I had them back there just sitting on top of their boosters and strapped in which I guess is ok. We got bench but not sure if it has seperate anchors for a 3rd car seat...my guess is 3 seats in the 2nd row would not work and be too tight a fit.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510