Center console question

Curious about this also. I don’t really care about a “cooler box” and use the console for misc storage. Can the cooling feature be disabled?

I’m under the belief that the cooler box is an option (at least on the OverTrail) and otherwise it’s just storage. That’s what I’m planning to do. Am i mistaken?

I’m under the belief that the cooler box is an option (at least on the OverTrail) and otherwise it’s just storage. That’s what I’m planning to do. Am i mistaken?

I think so too. I am planning on using it as a storage when not turned on. I think there is no other storage space in the center console.

I think the cool box is a waste. I need as much storage as possible. Anyone who actually goes off-roading or camping will have either a cooler or fridge. I'm wondering how they implement the cooling. Is it simply re-routing A/C air or does it have it's own condenser system?

based on the owner’s manual its tied to the AC

IMG_3035.jpeg

IMG_3036.jpeg

correct- $170 option on both OT & OT+

I haven’t seen a pic/video yet of the standard console.

Curious about this also. I don’t really care about a “cooler box” and use the console for misc storage. Can the cooling feature be disabled?
It’s not on all the time, just don’t turn it on but the space looks smaller with the cool box.

Non coolbox certainly looks to have more space(Pics i grabbed from Youtube reviews). Unfortunately, I haven't seen an overtrail/+ allocation that doesn't have coolbox included from the factory. Curious on the level of effort to convert post delivery.

I'd personally prefer having more storage and pack a cooler in the trunk.

Youtube links takes you direct to center console walk through without cool box.

Attachments

• CoolBox.png
    CoolBox.png
    728.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Regular.png
    Regular.png
    1 MB · Views: 142
I personally would rather just have the storage but I told my dealer if one came in with the cool box and had everything else I wanted I wouldn’t say “no”. I’d probably mostly use it as storage, but I certainly can see where it would come in handy.

I have an allocation coming end of june/early july, with the cool box option included, and interior storage options is something I care about and have been thinking through my options. I drive a Silverado 1500 now and the numbers interior storage options is one thing I've been thinking through. I use my center consoles a LOT and will use the cool box feature sparingly. I was concerned I would regret taking a build with that included, until I saw what the standard console looks like. It's honestly not much better storage wise.

Then I found this, which I am hoping will work - the dimensions look to be about the same. It's a tray that fits on the top of the toolbox. I wanted to ensure I would have a spot for quick access things like my pocket knife.

If this thing will work, I think I'll just keep less used items in a travel pouch, beneath this tray, and then if I am ever trying to use the coolbox I can just pull out the tray and the bag and drops some drinks in.

Interior Console Central Armrest Glove Storage Box Container Tray Car Organizer for Lexus LX570 LX 570 Accessories​

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510