Cleveland Car Show GX will be locked?

Morejoy

Feb 20, 2024
Florida
Per Ohio dealer the GX at Cleveland Auto Show this weekend will be locked as it is a pre-production model and the “interior is not what it should be.” Rep has heard this has been the case in other auto shows.

What gives? Anyone know anything? What should the interior be? What GXs did the Lexus reps see when getting training on the new model….

Per Ohio dealer the GX at Cleveland Auto Show this weekend will be locked as it is a pre-production model and the “interior is not what it should be.” Rep has heard this has been the limit in other auto shows.

What gives? Anyone know anything? What should the interior be? What GXs did the Lexus reps see when getting training on the new model….

I read the interior was trashed by the public in past auto shows. Shameful but that how Lexus limit the damage to their few pre-production models they have on hand.

The prototype GX overtrain interior at the chicago car show on the last day did not look that great.
I was a bit disappointed. I’m coming from a 2015 grand Cherokee summit
Again, I understand it was prototype and not a production luxury plus GX
Just my thoughts…… I have a deposit for a luxury plus GX

The prototype GX overtrain interior at the chicago car show on the last day did not look that great.
I was a bit disappointed. I’m coming from a 2015 grand Cherokee summit
Again, I understand it was prototype and not a production luxury plus GX
Just my thoughts…… I have a deposit for a luxury plus GX
Just saw the prototype at Autoshow and was disappointed. My 6’3 husband doesnt fit comfortably. Its a no go.

That’s a shame, I’ve been in a couple preproduction ones and they are nice, but not fancy. They are much less Lexus-like and a bit more utilitarian. I actually prefer it to a posh leather and wood trimmed interior but that’s me. I do appreciate the lack of glossy black pieces that are on most cars nowadays.

Per Ohio dealer the GX at Cleveland Auto Show this weekend will be locked as it is a pre-production model and the “interior is not what it should be.” Rep has heard this has been the case in other auto shows.

The prototype was open at the Pittsburgh show. Heading for the Cleveland show tomorrow so we'll see.

I attended the Barrett Jackson Auction in January 2024. They had several models and they were not locked. I decided to buy one after I sat in several of them. I hope to get mine in May or June.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510