Defeat Stop/Start?

Nuke

Aug 19, 2023
Rexburg, ID
Viewing the reviews, I have not noticed any button/method to defeat the engine Stop/Start, which presumably the GX 550 has (federal dictate?). Also presumably, if it can defeated at all, would only be during a driving cycle. Yes, I know, the starters are allegedly now designed more robust, but call me a doubter. So, can Stop/Start be defeated by any method, possibly on-screen?

Nuke, I didn't know the GX 550 came with auto start/stop?? Where can I read more about this or where did you see it being part of the vehicle?
Gunner, actually I am not sure it will have auto start/stop. I just presumed it is a federal mandate? Possibly not, or possibly a vehicle intended for off-roading would be exempt? If I am doing challenging off-roading, sure would not wish the engine deciding to shut down. For sure it should be disabled in Low Range!

I've crawled around a few of the prototypes and I didn't notice the button. I have the "feature" on my other vehicle and it's OK when I'm buzzing around the 'burbs, but it would be annoying offroad. You can turn it off easily enough by pressing the button. The trick is remembering to do it when you get in the car.

Gunner, actually I am not sure it will have auto start/stop. I just presumed it is a federal mandate? Possibly not, or possibly a vehicle intended for off-roading would be exempt? If I am doing challenging off-roading, sure would not wish the engine deciding to shut down. For sure it should be disabled in Low Range!
It’s not a mandate, just another tool to improve fuel economy / emissions. It’s up to the manufacturer.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510