Driving in the rain

Cjclovelace

May 23, 2024
Texas
Has anyone driven their GX in the rain yet? I noticed that if water has pooled on the hood, it all runs to the driver’s side when braking, rolls down the grill, then splashes back up onto the driver’s side windshield. So odd.

Has anyone driven their GX in the rain yet? I noticed that if water has pooled on the hood, it all runs to the driver’s side when braking, rolls down the grill, then splashes back up onto the driver’s side windshield. So odd.
I've noticed this as well. My bmw x3m does this also...

For the past two weeks we have had heavy rain fall here in DFW. Luckily I was able to park in my garage just before golf ball size hail hit. No I have not notice what you described however the windshield on this new model is definitely more vertical than past models. On another "note" I find the new GX drives better in the rain than past models, tracks straighter and feels firm with better steering.

Oh, it handles GREAT in the rain. I’m also in the DFW area. I had to take my husband to PT Tuesday early and you didn’t even feel the puddles of standing water on the side of the road. And those were plentiful!

I saw this, too. I suspect that it's a perfect storm (pun intended) of amount of rainfall and car speed. I confess that it didn't bother me but instead was entertaining to watch and predict when/if it would run down, run up, or disappear in a splash.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510