From Rubicon to GX in Portland

pdxchuck

New member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
8
Media
7
Reaction score
9
Location
Portland OR
Hello all - Chuck here in Portland, OR. I'm selling my off-road equipped Rubicon Hard Rock and have just purchased the GX. Traded a Model X Tesla for it... the idea was to find one vehicle that would serve both purposes of the Jeep and the Tesla. Very happy after a couple of weeks so far. The threads are very helpful... I'll be putting my Autohome Airtop rooftop tent on the factory rack, and am curious how that will work out. I agree with some of you that the factory rack creates a lot of wind noise. I'm also into motorcycles and look forward to trailering some of them around the PNW with the new rig.
 
Hello all - Chuck here in Portland, OR. I'm selling my off-road equipped Rubicon Hard Rock and have just purchased the GX. Traded a Model X Tesla for it... the idea was to find one vehicle that would serve both purposes of the Jeep and the Tesla. Very happy after a couple of weeks so far. The threads are very helpful... I'll be putting my Autohome Airtop rooftop tent on the factory rack, and am curious how that will work out. I agree with some of you that the factory rack creates a lot of wind noise. I'm also into motorcycles and look forward to trailering some of them around the PNW with the new rig.
Congrats and welcome. Post some pics or it doesn't exist.
 

Attachments

  • Library - 1 of 3.webp
    Library - 1 of 3.webp
    571.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Library - 2 of 3.webp
    Library - 2 of 3.webp
    539 KB · Views: 282
  • Library - 3 of 3.webp
    Library - 3 of 3.webp
    484.3 KB · Views: 265
I'm in the same boat.... sold my modified Rubicon for the OT+. Very good decision.

For the rack wind noise, try peeling off the rubber lip underneath the front bar. It helps a lot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom