Gauging interest - Lexus Hood Bug Deflector from Australia (4 Viewers)

Are you interested if priced around $300 before stateside shipping

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%

  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
It looks like there is enough interest to move forward. MODS @El Chorizo @supersix, Will you allow me to move forward with a Group Buy?

Still waiting to hear back from the dealer how many he can fit in the box and what the approx parcel dimensions and weight will be for the forwarder.

Note for those not in CA. These will be shipped to me in one large box to save on international freight. How it gets from So Cal to elsewhere in the US has not been looked into yet (ie packaging, shipping, etc.)
Awesome!
Once you have them in hand I can always buy and email you a label so it’s one less thing to deal with.
 
I am interested in buying one. Live in Florida and would pay the additional shipping cost.
 
It looks like they were only able to allocate the 10 hood protectors (PZQ156030A) I originally asked for. I have asked them to try and source out more, but it is also dependent on the box they use to ship these in. I also found that these are actually manufactured in Australia.

As of right now, I have already paid for 10 of the hood protectors. I still don't know what the final freight and tariff situation is, but using information from the Dealer plus AI assumptions, it's looking good that they will still fall within my goal of less than $300 each shipped to CA. Once the dealer packs it up, I should be able to get a better idea on the shipping cost to me in CA

HEADS UP TO THOSE WHO WANT ONE - I will be opening up another Post for the Group Buy sometime tomorrow morning for the 9 that will be available. There will be a deposit required to retain a spot.

PLEASE DO NOT DM me to get on the list before the sales listing goes up. I'm trying to be as fair as possible.
 
Mnkboi… given your intention to do a bulk purchase - you may want to see if you can negotiate a lower per price of say $80 - $100 on qty purchase …. The manufacturer may be amenable 🤔 … and it would offset the shipping cost ..

Just a thought - good luck with the effort and thanks for looking out for other forum members 👍🏽🙂
 
I would love to save more money and this is mainly the only reason why I'm doing this group buy...to get my individual cost down (hahaha), but this is direct from Lexus Australia. They didn't allow coupons or discounts for this purchase (I asked). Shipping is being handled by a 3rd party since the dealer was not willing to ship internationally. Since they appear to be the only source for these, I'm not going to push it.
 
Last edited:
I am definitely interested but the only thing holding me back is how much the extra shipping costs will be as I assume you will need to procure boxes, etc. PirateShip via UPS will most likely be the cheapest route.
 
For this first run, it's a toss up, which is why I'm allowing deposit refunds if the US shipping costs end up being obscene. I have confidence I can sell any cancelled orders to locals in CA (or find someone else willing to pay the shipping cost).

if you want to run some numbers yourself, here's the information from the Dealer and I'm assuming this is without a box. It would ship from Los Angeles, CA 91606 and I would put it at 8 lbs just to be safe. It'll likely go by dimensional weight anyways

The Bonnet protector measures, 1710 millimetres(mm) long, 380mm wide and 65mm high.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BN1
Basing on approx dimensions shown, it would be just under $80 via UPS Ground to ship cross country from coast to coast. That doesn’t include a shipping box and certainly not your time. Makes a lot of sense for your local market and appreciate the info and time put in to make this happen. I may still be in but will have to see what it may take if any are still available once you can figure the logistics.
 
Thoughts on the hood deflector.. vs plain Jane:

View attachment 23660

1. In my case I have PPF on the hood which is decent quality, which makes another front hood deflector/ protector possibly superfluous. I like the hood lines of the GX as is.. and I’m having to convince myself that the deflector is an improvement in aesthetics.

2. If the deflector actually makes airflow and particles lift above the windshield that may be a nice feature.

3. I don’t like to loose contact with areas of the vehicle - trapping dirt, grime and the such. A protector may result in this outcome 🤔..

4. Aesthetically I think it looks good - but is it an actual improvement..

5. $300 seems a tad high for this add on.. but then so are all the other things we put into our vehicles … 🙂👍🏽

6. Asking myself - am I considering adding this because I just like adding stuff to my GX - and I’m running out of things to add, or will it really make a difference in both appearance and functionality.. 🤔

Best - Emed.
Question 6 is the one we all ask ourselves! I just added the side molle panels to my shelf - will I ever use them - who knows
 
You are not alone YL.. hopefully will do my final cargo area full install tomorrow ..
The big downside is that if you have a cargo cover - the brackets attach to the screws behind where the cargo cover attaches. You cannot use while the sides are installed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom