💨 Sold / Gone GROUP BUY- Lexus Hood Bug Deflector from Australia PZQ1560300 - CLOSED

munkeeboi

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 3, 2024
Messages
1,053
Media
143
Reaction score
776
Location
Los Angeles
I am in the process of getting 10 Lexus Hood Bug Deflectors from Australia shipped in. The estimated cost will be around $340 (could be more, could be less based on a variety of import and shipping variables). Please be ready to spend at least that amount for the deflector. If it ends up being more than what you wanted to spend or you change your mind, your deposit is fully refundable.

The deposit will be $130 and the spots will go on a first come (deposit paid), first serve basis via direct message.
  • Pick up in the Van Nuys or Pasadena area is free based on my schedule
  • Shipping (packaging, postage, insurance) to anywhere outside of the Los Angeles area will be extra. I will use Pirateship from my end, but if you can get it shipped for cheaper, you can send me your own label.

Please Message me directly if you are interested in placing a deposit. That is the only way I will respond with the deposit information. I'd like to receive the deposit within 24 hours. I'm not sure if the demand will warrant being bumped to the end of the queue if payment deposit isn't sent, but I'm putting it out there if it becomes an issue.

There is a separate chat here for any discussions, as I'd like to keep this sales thread clean - Gauging interest - Lexus Hood Bug Deflector from Australia

I'll add you to the list below as deposits come in.

GROUP BUY 1
1. Munkeeboi
2. SkyHigh
3. Maui_ab1
4. rocksallday
5. Emergencymed
6. NHGX550
7. Porschman
8. BoostedGX
9. SOLD
10. Gotboost?
------------------------------------------------------------
GB1 UPDATES

8/24 - 10 Hood protectors ordered and Group Buy opened
8/25 - Round 1 Group Buy is closed
8/31 - Items Shipped out from Australia
9/1 - LAX Gateway Customs
9/3 - Received 7 of them.....
9/4 - Notices sent out to participants for pickup and shipping


==============================================
GROUP BUY 2
1. lowrange44
2. squatting pigeon
3. FB
4. FB
5. Yellowlab
6. FB
7. FB
8. Dude love
9. FB
10. Capt CF

------------------------------------------------------------
GB2 UPDATES


9/4 - Emails went out to GB2 waitlist
9/8 - 10 Hood protectors ordered
9/9 - GB2 CLOSED
9/19 - deflectors expected in CA by the end of Sept

9/29-shipped from Australia
10/1 - received, and all orders shipping out on 10/2


IMG_9353 2.webp

IMG_9355.webp
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Thank you to those that are participating.

I will update this listing as needed, but will more likely send direct messages to the group with pertinent updates.

The 10 initial spots have been taken but I have asked for more and will be starting a waitlist for those that didn’t make it in the initial order.
 
The Hood protectors have arrived at the Australian dealership and are awaiting pick up by the Courier. Still waiting on final customs fees/tariffs, but we are still within the original budget for those following along.

Shipping will be via Air, so there's a chance they will arrive stateside by the beginning of next week.
 
Last edited:
Good news / Bad news

Good news - the defectors are in and they are in perfect shape!

Bad news - they only sent 7!!!! 🤬

I want to sort this out before I release any. At least this gives me a chance to order packaging now that I can get some dimensions.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9353.webp
    IMG_9353.webp
    191 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Round 2 GB is open to those who have PM'd me previously. Will open it up on Tuesday if there is space.
 
Last edited:
GB2 IS CLOSED!

10 deflectors ordered and paid for GB2. They wouldn’t let me order more since there aren’t any more at the warehouse since they usually don’t usually sell 20 in a month. Lol
 
Last edited:
Tips for when everyone is installing these...Only the metal clips go around the edge of the hood. When marking where the 3M Protective tape goes, the deflector sits on the front face of the hood. It will help to have a second set of hands to line everything up. You can find the rough center matching up the existing holes on the underside of the hood. with the 2 center-most holes on the deflector

IMG_9378.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9377.webp
    IMG_9377.webp
    179.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Looks great with the Atomic Silver/Onyx - but then it is the best color anyway :-)

Thanks for doing this group buy!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4595.webp
    IMG_4595.webp
    324 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4596.webp
    IMG_4596.webp
    200.5 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom