GX550 Seat Config details

ML22

Oct 27, 2023
Calgary, Alberta
Hi, ML22 here. I am from Calgary, Alberta. I have never owned a Lexus before, but the GX550 has a grip on me. My deposit is in and the waiting game begins. I am curious - with the 6 seat configuration, does anyone know if the 2nd row seats will fold forward in a similar way as they do in the 7 seat config?

Here's a screen cap from a video showing the 2nd row w/Captain chairs & 3rd row folded down:

LexusGX_6_Seat_Folded.png

It looks like you could get more space in the overtrail trim to sleep by having the seats folded down and then building some type platform or shelf to make it flat. Similar to the trim with the third tow. When the seats are tumbled forward, they appear to take up a lot of space. This is with the third row, but it will give you a better view of the 2nd row up.

gx550-2ndseats-forward.png

It looks like you could get more space in the overtrail trim to sleep by having the seats folded down and then building some type platform or shelf to make it flat. Similar to the trim with the third tow. When the seats are tumbled forward, they appear to take up a lot of space. This is with the third row, but it will give you a better view of the 2nd row up.

View attachment 236
Hopefully the OT will be level since it doesn't have a third row or a EV battery. I can't wait to see one in person.... Thanks again,

Hopefully the OT will be level since it doesn't have a third row or a EV battery. I can't wait to see one in person.... Thanks again,

I've seen the OT in person with seat up and down. There's a slight drop in the front with the folded. It's close to a flat design but not quite. Not a big deal with some birch wood and some handy tools.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510