Lexus GX550 vs Hummer EV SUV

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
white-hummer-ev-suv.png
vs
2024-lexus-gx-colors-white.jpg

Since GM's initial announcement in April 2021, I've had a Hummer SUV EV reserved. However, according to the most recent email I received from GM, production has been postponed until the fall of 2024. With all the issues surfacing about the Hummer EVs, my interest is dwindling. I'm starting to believe that the GX550 may be a more dependable choice for long-term reliability. Is there anyone else here who has reserved the Hummer SUV?

Everything I've read about the Hummer has been crap. They can't even figure out the leaky roofs... I think they look amazing but I have no faith in GM to produce a quality product this early in the lifecycle of the car... their track records with EV's is pretty poor.

My money is on the Lexus. Of course, you can probably get the Hummer and resale it for a profit.... so both is still an option.

I put a deposit down on the Cybertruck and the Hummer SUV just in case either of those turned out to be options once they become available. At this point, I don't think I'm going to purchase either one of them, but we shall see.

I put a deposit down on the Cybertruck and the Hummer SUV just in case either of those turned out to be options once they become available. At this point, I don't think I'm going to purchase either one of them, but we shall see.

I still can't get over just how ugly the Cybertruck is. Abomination is too kind a word :)

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510