May 9th, 2024: One year wait (or more) from today

A couple of days ago a friend told me he was contacted by a salesperson in Louisiana regarding a White OverTrail available in June. He asked me to look at his offer sheet to see if there was a markup. Under dealer adjustments there was a charge for $9,995, suffice to say he will wait for next years model…
New Orleans Lexus has no markup and as of two days ago had four coming in June unspoken for.

Took mine home on Mother’s Day, $1k below MSRP. I placed my deposit June 2023, the day after initial press release.
IMG_0850.jpeg

A couple of days ago a friend told me he was contacted by a salesperson in Louisiana regarding a White OverTrail available in June. He asked me to look at his offer sheet to see if there was a markup. Under dealer adjustments there was a charge for $9,995, suffice to say he will wait for next years model…
I picked up my new GX 550 yesterday in the Minneapolis area. I paid the full MSRP but no mark up. Had some options I would not have picked which added to the price. I had been on the waiting list for about a year.

I'm new to the Lexus GX party. To be honest, Lexus has never been on my radar and I've never found any model interesting or enticing...until the 2024 GX550.

I'm still not sure I'll get one, but after connecting with a no-markup dealer here in Southern California (Longo), I just put down a fully-refundable deposit for an Overtrail. The salesperson told me not to expect any availability for at least a year. My circumstances dictate that I'll need a new car this fall, so I'm not quite sure how this will all play out. Maybe something shakes free sooner; maybe I buy something completely different. Crazy times.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this info with the board.

It does seem that, at least locally, this vehicle is going to be a smash hit.
Welcome, I put down a deposit 2 weeks and was told 8 to 10 months possibly for the model and color I want.

I found a great deal on a 2019 CPO LX 570 so I grabbed it. It’s covered bumper to bumper for 2 years, maybe I’ll trade it in after that for a GX. Lexus should have the kinks worked out by then. Not convinced yet the TT V6 will be as durable as the dinosaur V8.

I found a great deal on a 2019 CPO LX 570 so I grabbed it. It’s covered bumper to bumper for 2 years, maybe I’ll trade it in after that for a GX. Lexus should have the kinks worked out by then. Not convinced yet the TT V6 will be as durable as the dinosaur V8.
It already is

V6 been out since 2018 with few mods there is been no issues yet still to be determined on the GX the lx’s with the v6 are minimal

Took mine home on Mother’s Day, $1k below MSRP. I placed my deposit June 2023, the day after initial press release.
View attachment 1108
So can you actually negotiate for the car??? For the most part everyone has said they are in such demand you get what you get. My husband suggested we look in another area. One other thing, I saw commercials for the GX over the weekend! Can someone help me understand why they would advertise a car they don’t have!

So can you actually negotiate for the car??? For the most part everyone has said they are in such demand you get what you get. My husband suggested we look in another area. One other thing, I saw commercials for the GX over the weekend! Can someone help me understand why they would advertise a car they don’t have!
I believe the $1k discounts are either for military or recent college graduates.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510