Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It looks like you can get it at Bell Lexus for $1,281. I wonder how the installation would work. In any case, I ended up with the portable ARB Dual Compressor which is less expensive than this setup. Thanks for providing the part number.Curious if anyone has tried this yet. Looks pretty pricey. $1,500... Ouch. No pics either
Onboard Air Compressor. Onboard Tire Inflator.
Part Number: PT94960240
Supersession(s): PT949-60240
Onboard Air Compressor
Fits GX 550 (2024 - 2024)
I realize having a built-in is convenient and would take up less space, but I agree with you 100% - for 1/2 the price of the built-in (or less) I can get a Thor's Lightning compressor that automatically stops at whatever pressure you set AND have the kit to inflate/deflate all 4 tires at once. Why wouldn't I go with ARB or Thor's Lightning or some other well-built aftermarket compressor?I've talk to lots of folks around the built in versus portable - several whom are hard core over-landing people. If you have an OT model - a basic $500 ARB unit w/no tank will easily handle the 33" stock tires without issue. You can go big boy on the compressor - but the basic will handle what we all need - especially when you consider how often it will be used.
The heat is a big issue - I went with the basic ARB tankless in a small utility box. I wanted to use a converter with the same Amp req, then plug it into the rear outlet on the GX - but after talking with ARB they want it connected directly to the battery for some reason.I've had ARB compressors in two previous trucks. It's cool and convenient but they do take up space....and the compressors get HOT. Both previous trucks were Land Rover Discoveries (1996 and 2004). The compressors were mounted in the back cubbies which provide a ton of storage space. I'd pile soft stuff like blankets, hats, gloves, etc. on top of the compressor but you have to dig that stuff out when you use the compressor and then you can't pile stuff back in the cubby for a while because the compressor gets so hot. I'll be picking up a portable ARB or comparable unit when I get around to it. Also make sure that your portable unit uses universal air fittings. I picked up a Smittybuilt portable unit for my 2013 Land Rover LR4 and I was surprised to find out that it used proprietary fittings, which pretty much made it worthless. I returned it. The Smittybuilt units are actually pretty good, though, so you could always replace all the fittings with universal ones. I just didn't feel like dealing with it at the time.
Ordered by Overtrail+ about 10 days ago.....
On the Lexus website they advertise that this trim level comes with an on board air compressor.
Thoughts?![]()
Yes, it's an advertised feature for 2025. Nothing in the new owners manual about it though. I guess I'll find out about it when it arrives in a few weeks.There are a lot of wild pigs in south GAOverlander will do great on some of those back trails....
But... has anyone seen / heard about the air compressor as a feature?
I assume the 2024 part number is the same for the 2025 model. I am curious who makes the compressor for Lexus. So if anyone has the specs on the compressor, please share. I like the idea of the built in unit because it appears to have both a 12v cigarette lighter plug as well as a USB charging port. I have a portable ARB Dual Compressor that I can move between vehicles, but knowing my luck it would be in the other truck when I need it.It looks like you can get it at Bell Lexus for $1,281. I wonder how the installation would work. In any case, I ended up with the portable ARB Dual Compressor which is less expensive than this setup. Thanks for providing the part number.
is the black bag in front of the onboard compressor the accessory bag for the compressor (hose, etc)?Picking up mine on Sunday 04/14 — 2025 GX550 OVERTRAIL 550
Confirmed came with an Onboard compressor .
yesis the black bag in front of the onboard compressor the accessory bag for the compressor (hose, etc)?