Ordered a GX 550

Hafey8

Jan 15, 2024
RI
Hello all. In RI I ordered a Premium in Nebula Gray the second week of December. My dealer told me to expect delivery sometime in August. Not in a rush. My 2013 GX 460 only has 180,000 miles. I would like to see a new GX on the road here soon though

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the order! I'm sure it will be worth the wait. It's great to see 180,000 miles on an old GX!

Hello all. In RI I ordered a Premium in Nebula Gray the second week of December. My dealer told me to expect delivery sometime in August. Not in a rush. My 2013 GX 460 only has 180,000 miles. I would like to see a new GX on the road here soon though

You mean you got on a waitlist? I thought you can’t custom order

You are just on a waitlist but still congrats. Toyota/lexus don’t do custom orders they build whatever they want and dealer match allocation to your “order” and tricks your new vehicle was specifically made just for you.

You are just on a waitlist but still congrats. Toyota/lexus don’t do custom orders they build whatever they want and dealer match allocation to your “order” and tricks your new vehicle was specifically made just for you.
Sadly, so true. However, if the dealer owner has more than one location, then your chances are increased, as they have a larger pool of allocations to pull from.

It is sad we cannot custom order.
Yea, custom orders are kinda an entry for a luxury purchase. I get you can't custom a $40k Toyota. But on a $75k SUV that is for (most likely) full family use, I do think some degree of custom is expected. Most buyers at that price point probably don't care if it takes 3 months or 6 months; they are more likely to feel good about the purchase if they can boast "I got exactly what I wanted, the way I wanted it configured!" I visited a Toyota dealer and they totally don't get it. The salesperson was like "I have a used car today for you!" NO? But don't you want to drive away with a car today? Ha, no... that Toyota dealer didn't get luxury car buyers at all. "We're out of pancakes right now, I'll bring you bacon & eggs? 🤣

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510