Port-installed option advice

SEVC OT+

May 23, 2024
Georgia
Hi, just got word that I have an Overtrail+ coming my way (build date in the next week). I've got the opportunity to add port/dealer-installed options for a bit, so asking - does anyone have any port-installed options on your GX550's that you really like?

I've heard the roof rack/cross bars are loud, so those are out.

On the 2024 brochure pdf, it has "Cat-back performance exhaust" listed (but don't see it on the website where you can "build" one), does anyone have that exhaust and would that be worth considering if one can get it?

Thank you for any input, looking forward to getting into my GX! See below for picture of option list on brochure.

IMG_3425.jpg

PIO. The only item I would recommend would be the rock rails though they need to be longer, double tube, and angle up more. Ordering would be if you wanted them right away (like I did) and couldn't wait for after market. Roof rack overpriced and not even full length. Look at Prinsu or Westcott if you need one fairly quick. If you can wait for the dribbling introduction pace of other after market stuff, wait. Forgot I also got the Black Emblem Overlay. Look cool. I saw brochure too that had accessories not listed on Lexus build website. One item that jumped out was skid plates. If additional to base armor, what will it be protecting?

Wow I didn’t know the exhaust was an option. Or I would have requested that.

Ours came with a bunch of add ons, the roof rack, ppf, mats, cargo net, protective door edge liners, black emblems.
I asked the dealer to remove the door edge liners as that seems pointless to me.

I actually wanted the rack. Even though people say it’s noisy.

PIO. The only item I would recommend would be the rock rails though they need to be longer, double tube, and angle up more. Ordering would be if you wanted them right away (like I did) and couldn't wait for after market. Roof rack overpriced and not even full length. Look at Prinsu or Westcott if you need one fairly quick. If you can wait for the dribbling introduction pace of other after market stuff, wait. Forgot I also got the Black Emblem Overlay. Look cool. I saw brochure too that had accessories not listed on Lexus build website. One item that jumped out was skid plates. If additional to base armor, what will it be protecting?
100%agree on prinsu/wescott

I too have a GX550 Overtrail + in the build phase and the paperwork I received indicates it will come with PIO options I don't really want. For example, it will come with "Rock Rails" and I would prefer the standard running boards or upgrade to the automatic motorized version that is on the Luxury+ model if that is possible. If there is no other option, at some point maybe I could swap the rock rails for standard rails. Once I test drive the vehicle (probably 5-6 weeks away) and accept the vehicle I will repost the swap option. Thanks for the forum. ppdvarmint

My OT had the roof rack option, something I absolutely didn't want. The dealer was able to delete it at the LA port distribution center. Now just need them to swap out the Toyo's for some KO2's!!

I did not want the roof rack option that came with mine. We could have sold it as there is demand, but everyone loves it so much, we are keeping it. It does look great with it. There is a bit of wind noise associated with it, but we thought the compromise worth it.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510