Sat in a Premium+ and Luxury+ today

Critmonkey

Jan 24, 2024
California
Finally went to my local dealer to sit in their demo Premium model. They had their first GX allocation presold next to it which was a Luxury. I’m very eager to get my overtrail to say the least. It was a pleasure to walk around the car and sit inside it.

Funny enough my salesperson called me saying the buyer backed out for the luxury and asked if I wanted it, even though I’m down on the list. I happily declined and reminded her I’m waiting for the overtrail. But it shows that my persistence and monthly follow ups with her gives her the impression to call me first. Kind of felt good and bad about it. But I was always told if you want something bad enough, you will be rewarded. Makes me think the deposit lists are somewhat favored in a way to customers who follow up more often. Food for thought; check up on your dealer.

Finally went to my local dealer to sit in their demo Premium model. They had their first GX allocation presold next to it which was a Luxury. I’m very eager to get my overtrail to say the least. It was a pleasure to walk around the car and sit inside it.

Funny enough my salesperson called me saying the buyer backed out for the luxury and asked if I wanted it, even though I’m down on the list. I happily declined and reminded her I’m waiting for the overtrail. But it shows that my persistence and monthly follow ups with her gives her the impression to call me first. Kind of felt good and bad about it. But I was always told if you want something bad enough, you will be rewarded. Makes me think the deposit lists are somewhat favored in a way to customers who follow up more often. Food for thought; check up on your dealer.
Glad you stuck to you guns and get what you want

What did you think of the seats between the premium model and the luxury?

I finally got to see a Luxury and Premium plus at my dealer today. I went over there specifically to see the Overtrail plus but unfortunately the one they had in the showroom was sold and out the door! Nonetheless the Luxury is really nice and I’m pretty much sold even before I’ve driven one. I will wait for the Overtrail but it’s encouraging that they’re getting them in and matched up to buyers. Maybe it won’t be as long as I originally thought.

yeah. felt the same, list doesn't matter, totally depends on your sales. I was offered a black OT+ last month, mind you I was supposedly 200+ on that list.

What did you think of the seats between the premium model and the luxury?
I spent time in the premium and it was very comfortable. I have a long torso and longer legs and I felt fine. I was about to sit in the luxury but a salesperson came running saying the vehicle was sold and I couldn’t go inside lol

yeah. felt the same, list doesn't matter, totally depends on your sales. I was offered a black OT+ last month, mind you I was supposedly 200+ on that list.
My dealer isn’t a high volume one like the dealers in the Bay Area or SoCal. I’m in the Central Valley so I’m still waiting on my allocation unfortunately. I was tentatively going to shop around but ended up deciding to forge a relationship with my local dealer and see how that goes.

Whenever my overtrail comes in it’s going to be MSRP, and no addons from port. I’m also friends with the manager at the Toyota dealership across the street so I might be able to get the vehicle under msrp. Playing the long game…

My dealer isn’t a high volume one like the dealers in the Bay Area or SoCal. I’m in the Central Valley so I’m still waiting on my allocation unfortunately. I was tentatively going to shop around but ended up deciding to forge a relationship with my local dealer and see how that goes.

Whenever my overtrail comes in it’s going to be MSRP, and no addons from port. I’m also friends with the manager at the Toyota dealership across the street so I might be able to get the vehicle under msrp. Playing the long game…
Good luck

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%