💸 The 'official' I put my deposit down list...

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 20, 2023
Austin, TX
Trying to get a list going of people that have put a deposit down. Hopefully we can track the production once we've got dates and times of builds, etc... If you've put your deposit down, please let us know in here!

I’m #7 in San Antonio, put down my deposit in January
Man, I feel like I've already waited too long... but there isn't even pricing out yet, so I'm not even sure what model I want to pick. I guess I should get "in line" somehow regardless otherwise I might never get one!

10 At Longo Lexus in LA. No money down required.
Congratulations to you as well! I'm going to make a little usergroup for the members who have put down a deposit. Once the orders actually start as well we'll have an order list where people can compare options and what not. The Members Map here is also kind of neat... we'll be able to see where all the owners are located.

Man, I feel like I've already waited too long... but there isn't even pricing out yet, so I'm not even sure what model I want to pick. I guess I should get "in line" somehow regardless otherwise I might never get one!
I sold my X5 M sport last year. I wanted to get something more reliable and hoped the new GX would be it. It was a refundable $500 deposit, so the risk was low. I think Lexus knocked out of the park with the GX 550, can’t wait to get my hands on one! Better get in line somewhere buddy!

I sold my X5 M sport last year. I wanted to get something more reliable and hoped the new GX would be it. It was a refundable $500 deposit, so the risk was low. I think Lexus knocked out of the park with the GX 550, can’t wait to get my hands on one! Better get in line somewhere buddy!

Welcome to the forum @ALC3 and congrats on the deposit! Any idea what # in line you are at the dealership?

I have a deposit in at Lexus of Lakeway in Austin and was told there were about 30 people on the list. I just sent my sales rep an email asking for the exact place in line. (overall and for the premium plus model)

I've got a little badge going for y'all. It's under the avatar...
deposit2.png

Welcome to the forum! What were some of the issues you had with your X5 if you don't mind me asking? I've looked at getting one myself in the past but always seemed to go a different route.

Welcome to the forum! What were some of the issues you had with your X5 if you don't mind me asking? I've looked at getting one myself in the past but always seemed to go a different route.
I can't get into the BMW gauge clusters. Every one I've seen still looks so dated... Have they changed them recently or still look like they did in the early 90's?

I absolutely LOVED my X5! The M sport package was souped up, that thing could move. But I drive a lot of miles and wanted to sell it (had about 117,000 miles) before it started giving me trouble. About 5,000 miles before I sold it, it started burning oil, and I could see the writing on the wall.

I’ve owned 2 4Runners and the GX was the natural progression for me, but I never really liked the GX 460 body style… not until I joined the GX subreddit about 6 months ago and realized they look a lot better with bigger rims and tires. But at this point, buying a ‘23 GX feels like settling for “last year’s model” (not a popular opinion on the GX subreddit btw lol).

#6 in Ft. Wayne Indiana. Not my closest dealer but I’m thinking my odds might be better (although they won’t get many allocations). Deposit required.
Congrats on getting a single-digit spot @DMac and welcome to the forum!

I absolutely LOVED my X5! The M sport package was souped up, that thing could move. But I drive a lot of miles and wanted to sell it (had about 117,000 miles) before it started giving me trouble. About 5,000 miles before I sold it, it started burning oil, and I could see the writing on the wall.

I’ve owned 2 4Runners and the GX was the natural progression for me, but I never really liked the GX 460 body style… not until I joined the GX subreddit about 6 months ago and realized they look a lot better with bigger rims and tires. But at this point, buying a ‘23 GX feels like settling for “last year’s model” (not a popular opinion on the GX subreddit btw lol).
It's hard to beat the performance you get out of Porsche and BMW SUVs! It sounds like you got a solid 100k miles out of it before it started giving you issues, which is better than I was expecting.

#6 in Ft. Wayne Indiana. Not my closest dealer but I’m thinking my odds might be better (although they won’t get many allocations). Deposit required.
Got you awarded with the badge as well. Welcome to the site!

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510