đź‘‹ Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

H All,
Out here in northern Virginia. Lexus GX 550 Overtrail+ is at top of my list for next vehicle. Replacing a Jeep Gladiator - looking for more comfort, reasonably similar capability, and significantly better drive/ride. Interestingly, my second choice is the new Tacoma. Look forward to all the information to come!

H All,
Out here in northern Virginia. Lexus GX 550 Overtrail+ is at top of my list for next vehicle. Replacing a Jeep Gladiator - looking for more comfort, reasonably similar capability, and significantly better drive/ride. Interestingly, my second choice is the new Tacoma. Look forward to all the information to come!

Welcome to the forum! The new GX should check those create comfort boxes. The new Tacoma is really good looking, I think Toyota will hit a home run with that truck. Have you considered the new Land Cruiser at all?

Welcome to the forum! The new GX should check those create comfort boxes. The new Tacoma is really good looking, I think Toyota will hit a home run with that truck. Have you considered the new Land Cruiser at all?
Good question. I initially dismissed the Land Cruiser just feeling it wasn’t quite the right fit - for whatever reason I don’t connect with Toyota moving the Land Cruiser brand down in size/prestige. I should probably reconsider as it appears to be a solid option with its own merits. Not to mention it favors the GX at lower price. While I’m not shopping for a hybrid, I like what it promises.

Good question. I initially dismissed the Land Cruiser just feeling it wasn’t quite the right fit - for whatever reason I don’t connect with Toyota moving the Land Cruiser brand down in size/prestige. I should probably reconsider as it appears to be a solid option with its own merits. Not to mention it favors the GX at lower price. While I’m not shopping for a hybrid, I like what it promises.

Well, we have a site for both! I'm not sure which one I'll go with either. It will probably come down to price differential!

I'm on the fence between the GX and the Land Cruiser. I'm waiting on price before I decide but if a nicely equipped Land Cruiser comes in 20k-25k cheaper, I will probably go that route.

Greetings from Golden, Colorado! On the dealer list for a new GX 550 Overtrail+. Currently driving a 2020 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury model. While it drives nicely, long term reliability is an issue, and I just love the new GX styling and off-road technology!

Greetings from Golden, Colorado! On the dealer list for a new GX 550 Overtrail+. Currently driving a 2020 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury model. While it drives nicely, long term reliability is an issue, and I just love the new GX styling and off-road technology!

Welcome to the forum @GoldenCO - Congrats on getting on the list! It should be interesting to see how it compares to the Discovery. (Handling/Power/Space/etc)

Welcome to the forum from Texas! đź‘‹

I used to drive through/near Golden all the time. I had a house in Evergreen, CO.. I sure do miss it! Welcome to the site!

I live in Los Lunas, NM, and I am looking for a long distance comfortable SUV with reasonable off-road capabilities.
NM native here, beautiful Alamogordo! Welcome to the site!

I currently have an x7. Beautiful vehicle but ready for something other than BMW for a while. I have owned x5's as well.

I wish BMW would update their gauge cluster. Last few I've looked at (it's been a couple years) just looked really dated to me.

I wish BMW would update their gauge cluster. Last few I've looked at (it's been a couple years) just looked really dated to me.
BMW is moving to a curved display for all vehicles

Attachments

• 2023-bmw-3er-facelift-fanaticar-00001.jpeg
    2023-bmw-3er-facelift-fanaticar-00001.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 49
Hello from Southern California (OC). Never had a Lexus, thought about buying a GX in 2004, but bought a LR LR3 instead. Have had the LR for 19 years (with few issues, great truck) and thinking about a change. Since the redesigned GX looks a lot like my Landy, I’m certainly interested.

Hello from Southern California (OC). Never had a Lexus, thought about buying a GX in 2004, but bought a LR LR3 instead. Have had the LR for 19 years (with few issues, great truck) and thinking about a change. Since the redesigned GX looks a lot like my Landy, I’m certainly interested.
Welcome to the forum! 19 years with the same vehicle is impressive! I’m just about to hit 10 years with my 4runner. While it still runs great, the new technology, especially the safety features are calling my name to upgrade.

Hi gang.

John E from Central MA here. Currrentlly driving a 2017 G550, prior to that I had a 2020 Sierra AT4. I've only had the G for 1 1/2 years. Wife has a 2017 Infiniti QX60 with very low miles. Hoping to convince her to move into a Premium or Luxury GX and pass along the infiniti to our college age son. That makes sense as his '07 ML350 that has 200K miles isn't something I want to depend on. Otherwise she keeps her QX, I lease the son something affordable, and I decide if I like the Overland enough to trade in my G wagon. She previously had a 2015 Tahoe, and (2) Jeep Commanders, so the body on frame GX is her style. I used to do a lot of towing of a 7k lb boat and trailer. I don't these days, but who knows what is in the future. The son is asking me to get back into it as he's now done with the organized sports that impeded on that water time in the past. I am a long time member and moderator of a brand specific boating forum, and spend a lot of time on several other forums.

Thank you.

Hello from Irvine, CA. Just waiting for the Earth Overtrail + sometime in July 2024 or even later. Currently have a 22 RAV4 Prime so looking for a vehicle that offers real off roading. Getting the Overtrail + in place of 4Runner TRD Pro.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510