👋 Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

Hello all. I’ve owned a couple of GX460’s and a 2017 Land Cruiser. On a waiting list, with a deposit down, hoping for a Caviar Overtrail. Goal is to get it to 200,000 miles, very excited! Any info on when they will start arriving is appreciated, I’m close to the top of the list at our dealer. Fortunate to get on the list the day after the GX 550 was announced:)

Hello all. I’ve owned a couple of GX460’s and a 2017 Land Cruiser. On a waiting list, with a deposit down, hoping for a Caviar Overtrail. Goal is to get it to 200,000 miles, very excited! Any info on when they will start arriving is appreciated, I’m close to the top of the list at our dealer. Fortunate to get on the list the day after the GX 550 was announced:)

Welcome to the forum! How was the Land Cruiser ownership?

I absolutely loved that Land Cruiser. I’m 56, so I’ve had a lot of cars. Bought it used, put 70,000 miles on it, then sold it, thinking I’d get another. Then they announced that they weren’t making them anymore, prices skyrocketed, no longer attainable:) Wish I would have kept it now, can’t go back though.

Welcome to the forum! How much do you plan on modifying the new GX? Do you think you will do a roof rack outfitted with all the overlanding gear or are you going to keep it more mild than your Jeep build?
Since I'm retired I have lots of free time to play. i will certainly go with a similar roof rack to the Rino, not a big fan of the Prinsu rack system. It's hard to say about mods as nobody has any experience with the GX 550 yet. But I'm game for anything, I like the look of the attached pic for sure! I'll be interested in rock rails for sure. I'll also need to hang my 10lb air tank somewhere in the back. I'm also curious on putting 34 1/2 in tires on.

Attachments

• gx550 with rino rack and rock rails.jpg
    gx550 with rino rack and rock rails.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 76
Hi from the Reno NV area. My closest dealer says Lexas will begin production at the end of February and should start coming to dealers in the end of April. I'm hesitant to put a deposit down with our dealer without having driven one.
Retired Law Enforcement (34 years) and volunteer firefighter, I served 4 years in the USAF.

Hi from the Reno NV area. My closest dealer says Lexas will begin production at the end of February and should start coming to dealers in the end of April. I'm hesitant to put a deposit down with our dealer without having driven one.
Retired Law Enforcement (34 years) and volunteer firefighter, I served 4 years in the USAF.

Good to hear. BTW 5 year veteran USMC

Good to hear. BTW 5 year veteran USMC
Welcome to the forum and thank you guys for your service!

Welcome! With the demand seemly so high, I would see if your dealer can offer a refundable deposit.

Hello all! 20+ year veteran from Club Lexus. Former Senior Editor and Toyota & Lexus fan sorta. lol jk. I’m here to share my knowledge of the GX 550/LC 250 platform.

Currently an owner of a few Lexus and Toyota models. Two of them are 4WD variants that are 21 years apart. 2023 GX 460 & 2002 4Runner SR5 V6 4WD.

Hello everyone. I’m new to the group and will be following along to see what info I can gather as I’m waiting on the delivery of the Overland + that I placed a deposit on last week. I understand from the dealer that I’m one of about 40 on the deposit list with that said I’m 12 on the list for the earth and black. So I expect a lengthy wait.

That’s fine I’m still finishing up my Sprinter moto hauler/overlander now so my time is still put to good use.

My last 2 vehicles have been a Tundra and 4Runner respectively prior to the Sprinter. I sure miss the 4Runner and look forward to the GX filling its slot.

Oh I sold mine to buy the Tundra and I’ve missed it ever since. But after seeing the GX last week at Barret-Jackson I do believe it and I will get along just fine. The interior compared to my Trail Pro is quite a bit nicer and up to date. I do believe the GX will perform just as well or better off road so all will be fine.

Hello everyone. I’m new to the group and will be following along to see what info I can gather as I’m waiting on the delivery of the Overland + that I placed a deposit on last week. I understand from the dealer that I’m one of about 40 on the deposit list with that said I’m 12 on the list for the earth and black. So I expect a lengthy wait.

That’s fine I’m still finishing up my Sprinter moto hauler/overlander now so my time is still put to good use.

My last 2 vehicles have been a Tundra and 4Runner respectively prior to the Sprinter. I sure miss the 4Runner and look forward to the GX filling its slot.

Welcome @Waterdog08 - Post up some photos of your Sprinter if you get a chance!

Welcome @Waterdog08 - Post up some photos of your Sprinter if you get a chance!
Here’s a few of the van that I had on my phone. The van is currently in storage so other pics are not possible at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    530.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0802.jpeg
    IMG_0802.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0801.jpeg
    IMG_0801.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0800.jpeg
    IMG_0800.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 53
Here’s a few of the van that I had on my phone. The van is currently in storage so other pics are not possible at this point.
Welcome to the forum! Great looking van! I helped a buddy build almost the exact same layout you have except he had the Ford Van. He hauled a lot of motorcycles to a bunch of cool places.

Welcome to the forum! Great looking van! I helped a buddy build almost the exact same layout you have except he had the Ford Van. He hauled a lot of motorcycles to a bunch of cool places.
Thanks it’s been fun researching products and figuring out exactly what and how I want it. I get to do 4-5 long distance trips yearly and it’s great not having to tow a trailer but also not caring what the weather is like when I get there like I did in a tent.
Once the kids are out of the house, I'll either get a van like that or a truck camper. I have about 8 years go, but who's counting? :ROFLMAO:
i don’t think you can go wrong either way it just depends on your needs and wants. Both setups are expensive

Hi, I am a 71 YO ex aircraft tech and I am a real fan of Lexus vehicles and Land Cruisers. I have owned a cherry 1998 SC400 (sold for a gazillion bucks), 1996 LX450 fully farkled (Fancy Accessory, Really Kool, Likely Expensive - gifted to my daughter and totaled) and currently a 2013 Land Cruiser 200. I have been trying very hard not to go down the bottomless rabbit hole of Overlanding mods on the 200. It is fairly close to stock… I am hoping that I fall in love with the GX 550 Overtrail when I get to drive one. If so I will trade the LC200 sometime in the Fall. If I don’t like the GX, I will hold onto the 200.

John Davies
Spokane WA

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!