Wraps for the Black Roof on GX550

YellowLab

May 13, 2024
Westlake Village, CA
Is anyone aware if there is a non-heat absorbing wrap I could put on the top of the GX550 where the top is black? Love the Earth color - but not crazy about having a black top that absorbs heat. Wondering if there is.... wait for it.....'a wrap for that' :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: MJE
Only thing I can think of is ppf. You’d be better off getting the black roof for your overtrail and ppf it. This will protect the paint and have self healing properties. I reckon you won’t be cleaning the roof of your vehicle as often as the other body panels. Ppf has some heat absorbing properties but not of the degree you are looking for. This is probably the best route

You could wrap it in a lighter color but not sure how that'd look. I'd probably stay with the black paint.

I wanted a black roof but my OT+ coming in is full Nori. It's a nice color paint so not going to complain for more of it. I never really thought of the black as sucking in heat but you're right. My last Wrangler Rubicon was all black and in the summer I could cook a steak on it. lol .

You could wrap it in a lighter color but not sure how that'd look. I'd probably stay with the black paint.

I wanted a black roof but my OT+ coming in is full Nori. It's a nice color paint so not going to complain for more of it. I never really thought of the black as sucking in heat but you're right. My last Wrangler Rubicon was all black and in the summer I could cook a steak on it. lol .
Was even thinking of having the top wrapped in a white. Not sure how Earth and White would look - of look like the LC color being offered now. Thoughts?

Was even thinking of having the top wrapped in a white. Not sure how Earth and White would look - of look like the LC color being offered now. Thoughts?
Actually white could look pretty awesome. I forgot Defenders have that as an option.

You could always try it and if you don't like it just peel it off. I guess that's the beauty of wraps.

Please post plenty of photos of it!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 10.20.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 10.20.33 AM.png
    768.1 KB · Views: 53
Actually white could look pretty awesome. I forgot Defenders have that as an option.

You could always try it and if you don't like it just peel it off. I guess that's the beauty of wraps.

Please post plenty of photos of it!
Might not look bad - here is a photo with a white top - but looks like in the US the LC has a light gray top from the build page so might not be to matching to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 9.28.41 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 9.28.41 AM.png
    567.1 KB · Views: 53
Build date is tomorrow, the 15th (yay!) and ships out of Japan May 21st. I actually don't know when the ETA is to Colorado. I started another thread getting feedback. Seems around 5-6 weeks after the ship date.
My overtrail + left April 16 hopefully it will dock tomorrow scheduled anywhere from May 23-June 10 at dealer hopefully I will get sometime because dressing it out with accessories good luck

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510