Adding GX550 Overtrail fender flares

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
Is anyone with the Premium/Luxury GX planning on swapping out to the black Overtrail fender flares? Any idea what would be involved and the best place to purchase them?

I’m thinking about it as well. Waiting on a luxury + in atomic silver to arrive (4-6weeks out) and I’ve just seen an overtrail today in the same color. Might swap for the overtrail wheels as well, just hoping they eventually list them in the Lexus parts site(s) and I don’t have to go after market or Facebook to find them.

I got a two-for-one. Local dealer had a homebrew Premium + with fender wrap and Overtrail wheels.
Here is the price breakdown
Premium+ $73,115
OBX Package $9,954
  • 18" Overtrail wheels
  • Blackout Emblems
  • Tint
  • PPF Pro Blackout vinyl wrap fenders, running boards, and rear bumper
  • All weather cargo mat/mats
Nitrogen $499
Total $83,568

Attachments

• PremiumPlus-OBX.jpg
    PremiumPlus-OBX.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 182
  • OBX Badge.jpg
    OBX Badge.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 188
Based on accessory pricing, my estimate is that the wheels will run around $2.150 ea. Does this sound right?

I got a two-for-one. Local dealer had a homebrew Premium + with fender wrap and Overtrail wheels.
Premium+ $73,115
OBX Package $9,954
  • 18" Overtrail wheels
  • Blackout Emblems
  • Tint
Nitrogen $499
Total $83,568
For me the black fender flares on white pearl takes away from the beauty of the car now that being said love the badge I no Toyota/LEXUS DROPTHE BALL ON NOT PUTTINGbadges on overtrail/overtrail +

I like it! Tells me the dealers will definitely be doing the fender flares. I can do without the black vinyl but I think on the white it looks tough.

Premium+ $73,115
OBX Package $9,954
  • 18" Overtrail wheels
  • Blackout Emblems
  • Tint
Nitrogen $499
Total $83,568
$10k package to replace stock parts with other stock parts? Wow. The $499 "nitrogen" charge is an absolute cherry on top of that poop sandwich

$10k package to replace stock parts with other stock parts? Wow. The $499 "nitrogen" charge is an absolute cherry on top of that poop sandwich
And the best part is, you don't have the option to keep your stock wheels and tires.

Is the trim on the fenders wider on the Overtrail? I haven't seen anyone mention this.

Here are a couple photos someone posted on facebook for me:

Overtrail:
close-up-overtrail-fender.jpg

Premium
close-up-gx550-fender.jpg

Could be. I don’t see a difference there though. The width specs are 78.7in for OT and 77.9 for everything else so that could be with the flares accounted for or not too small of a margin without knowing the width of the flares.

In the photo below it looks like the Overtail fender flare is slightly larger, but maybe it's just the photo angle?🕵️‍♂️

img_3684-jpg.1872

Pretty sure its just a piece of plastic tacked on to the existing body work.

OT is definitely wider at the fenders for this reason but I don't think there are any underlying changes to the sheet metal.

Pretty sure its just a piece of plastic tacked on to the existing body work.

OT is definitely wider at the fenders for this reason but I don't think there are any underlying changes to the sheet metal.
If that's the case then maybe there is a part number for these Overtrail fenders so that they can be purchased from the dealer and added easily to other trims levels.

im guessing yes, parts should start showing up soon enough.

That said, I think the plastic fender flares are overall a bit of a weakness of the vehicle.

I might even look into having mine taken off and painted gloss black to match the roof.

My sales guy said parts usually start to show up around the time the next year (25) start shipping.
If Lexus is anything like Toyota with the tundras, the fender flares will be a part you can get from the dealer

I was able to check out an Overtrail for the first time today. The trim around the fenders is definitely wider. I also noticed the trim on the rear bumper is wider to make a smooth transition to the fender flare.

2024-white-gx550-overtrail-fender-closeup1.jpeg

2024-white-gx550-overtrail-fender-closeup2.jpeg

2024-white-gx550-overtrail-fender-closeup4.jpeg

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%