Blurry HUD

hendu4672

Jun 3, 2024
New Hampshire
During our test drive the HUD was blurry. But if I leaned just slightly to the right it cleared up. Weird that you have to be at just the right angle. Has anyone else seen this and can it be adjusted? I know you can adjust up and down but I didn't see anything on the side angle. Can it be adjusted? the slight lean to the right for me just doesn't feel comfortable and makes the HUD a waste.

Well that's interesting. I drive from dead center, leaning left, or leaning right depending on situation , mood, etc. Be interesting to hear further feedback from folks on this one...

During our test drive the HUD was blurry. But if I leaned just slightly to the right it cleared up. Weird that you have to be at just the right angle. Has anyone else seen this and can it be adjusted? I know you can adjust up and down but I didn't see anything on the side angle. Can it be adjusted? the slight lean to the right for me just doesn't feel comfortable and makes the HUD a waste.
When you adjustment is the HUD or your seat

I noticed the same thing during my test drive. Even after playing around with the adjustment in the infotainment settings, it was better but I wouldn't say 100% clear.

No issues with mine, clear and focused however when I wear my Maui Jim’s (Blue Lens) or Oakley’s (dark lens) very difficult to see the HUD.

^ HUDs will often not work with polarized sunglasses.
If the ppl having HUD issues are wearing polarized glasses, I'm sure that's at least part of the problem.

I've specifically bought non-polarized glasses for the car so i can clearly see the touch screen, my phone screen etc.

Remember that the Hud is just a reflection off of the front windshield, it won't ever be 100% crisp and could suffer from dirt/dust on the projector

Just wondering if you were wearing (polarized) sun glasses.. HUD's are somewhat blocked by polarized glasses and I noticed in my Palisade that if I lean my head to the right it brightens right up.. Otherwise it's great with no sunglasses or (NON) polerized ones...

Just wondering if you were wearing (polarized) sun glasses.. HUD's are somewhat blocked by polarized glasses and I noticed in my Palisade that if I lean my head to the right it brightens right up.. Otherwise it's great with no sunglasses or (NON) polerized ones...
Yes both pair of my sun glasses are polarized. This is the reason why I was not interest in the HUD however I did not have a choice. I will say… it is nice while driving at night.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510