Extras added at port

EdB

Dec 6, 2023
Massachusetts
Cancelled my order - heard Lexus is playing the same stupid games on GX as TX. They add 5k in extras that customers don’t necessarily want but are forced to take. It’s 1k worth of crap for 5k.

Cancelled my order - heard Lexus is playing the same stupid games on GX as TX. They add 5k in extras that customers don’t necessarily want but are forced to take. It’s 1k worth of crap for 5k.

I hope that's not the case with my dealer. Have you decided on another vehicle?

here is what my dealer said. Keep in mind the MSRP on the OT+ is $77,250. I will wait it out and see what the "deal" looks like at the time.

The Overtrail Plus configuration will include Smart Key Card, Heads Up Display, Mark Levinson Audio, Power Liftgate, Cool Box and Traffic Jam Assist. Port options will be added to this. Figuring MSRP to total over $85000.
MSRP on OT+ is $77,250.

--Smart Key Card ($375), Heads Up Display ($900), Mark Levinson Audio ($1,140) Power Liftgate (standard), Cool Box ($170, Traffic Jam Assist ($840) and Bi-Tone Pain $350

Options above are $3,775 ish

$81,025 total. What are the nearly $4K in "port options" ??

Last edited:
here is what my dealer said. Keep in mind the MSRP on the OT+ is $77,250. I will wait it out and see what the "deal" looks like at the time.

MSRP on OT+ is $77,250.

--Smart Key Card ($375), Heads Up Display ($900), Mark Levinson Audio ($1,140) Power Liftgate (standard), Cool Box ($170, Traffic Jam Assist ($840) and Bi-Tone Pain $350

Options above are $3,775 ish

$81,025 total. What are the nearly $4K in "port options" ??
Was going to say this, there aren't really that many options to add as each trim level has features specific to that trim. There is a handful of options that they might add.

I might be missing the point from OP - is it you won’t be able to buy a no option Overtrail+ ?

I recognize I may be minority, but I don’t want a Overtrail+ without those options and I’m fine to pay msrp for them.

I think all of the + will come fully loaded. $3k option on a $77k vehicle is really reasonable and fair to be honest.

as long as is not dealer added crap like $799 nitrogen filled tires $2999 vehicle tracking.........

The port added stuff on my LX 600 were basic things like door film, charging wires (they came in a case), key gloves and floor mats. I thought those add ons were reasonable.

PS: I was going to make the GX 550 my first Lexus/Toyota product, but I needed a car far sooner than anticipated so I pulled the trigger on the LX about a month ago. It's built like a tank, and I love it. I'm probably going to replace my other vehicle with the Land Cruiser later this year when that's released.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510