Gripes on Base Trim

ComancheHouse

May 23, 2024
Texas
It appears that the base trim offers the best "value." With that said, there are some options that Lexus seems to have left off the base trim that seems just a little ridiculous (after all the base is still a Lexus).

1. lack of fog lamps. My 2010 SR5 Runner has fog lamps but Lexus can't swing it? Anyone know if you could install factory lamps after the fact?
2. Qi Wireless charging. An XLE Grand Highlander offers this as standard! With that said, it is only a $75 upgrade but I would suspect that Lexus will build a good amount of these without it. Could this be installed later?

It may be possible to add fogs, as there is probably a decent chance the wiring harness is in there - may just need to add the lights and interior switch in a fairly straightforward plug-and-play scenario. It'll be a nice bill if it is possible, though.
I would certainly think that at some point, the Qi wireless pad should be available through the dealer parts department, and most likely a plug-and-play install. Expect at least a $150 parts price, then at least an hour labor from the service dept for install.
Of course, this is all conjecture, not something I have insider info on, so take it with a grain of salt.

It appears that the base trim offers the best "value." With that said, there are some options that Lexus seems to have left off the base trim that seems just a little ridiculous (after all the base is still a Lexus).

1. lack of fog lamps. My 2010 SR5 Runner has fog lamps but Lexus can't swing it? Anyone know if you could install factory lamps after the fact?
2. Qi Wireless charging. An XLE Grand Highlander offers this as standard! With that said, it is only a $75 upgrade but I would suspect that Lexus will build a good amount of these without it. Could this be installed later?
What Bandit 67 says makes sense there are three things to be said, IMO there is nothing to gain in any base model any manufacturer ,as for Lexus it comes down to cost they do a ton of research and if your in the market for a vehicle you buy what you want if you chose a base you chose a base if you want other things you have to pay for them that’s just capitalism manufactures have a less quality that opposed to Toyota Lexus offers make your choices wisely IMO never mind a pace model was to add things on later it cost money and time if you buy it already at one price

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510