GX hood shakes

I’ve by reading posts from new GX 550 owners that are commenting about the noticeably shaking at highway speeds. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance!
Yes there is vibration from the hood when driving at highway speed. Not sure if it is due to the redesign and/or because it is made of aluminum. Not a big issue to me... however it is noticeable when you first drive at highway speed.

Yes there is vibration from the hood when driving at highway speed. Not sure if it is due to the redesign and/or because it is made of aluminum. Not a big issue to me... however it is noticeable when you first drive at highway speed.

Thanks! Do you feel/hear it in the cabin or is it just the visual movement? Does it seem like it can be a safety issue?

Thanks! Do you feel/hear it in the cabin or is it just the visual movement? Does it seem like it can be a safety issue?
Not an issue, does not cause any noise in the cabin. If I remember correctly there was a very sublte vibration with my past GX... very minor. Just visual, no safety issue. I kind of look at it since materials are lighter and the hood seems to channel more air over the redesigned section. You will notice a huge improvment to the view of the road with the new hood...

What GX trim do you have?

What GX trim do you have?
Caviar Premium Plus, Dapple grey HUD, Taffic Jam Assist, All Weather Mats for fromt and back row, Back section is not yet available. As a side note, I am very happy with my purchase especially compared to the previous model (this is my 6th GX) it is completely revamped... really a pleasure to drive!

Caviar Premium Plus, Dapple grey HUD, Taffic Jam Assist, All Weather Mats for fromt and back row, Back section is not yet available. As a side note, I am very happy with my purchase especially compared to the previous model (this is my 6th GX) it is completely revamped... really a pleasure to drive!
Very nice, and congrats!

I definitely noticed it when driving on the highway. It did not affect steering or have any vibration though.

Unacceptable; losing interest in the new GX

If anyone in here can get high quality video of it for us and post it here or email it to me, I'd appreciate it. We'll see if we can dig into it and find a good resolution.

Funny, wish the Factory would make adjustments now for us that will wait until........
I’m hoping that will be the case. For now if enough people complain about it I won’t be surprised to see a service order go out to dealerships for those who want it fixed

I've noticed a subtle hood wobble at highway speeds as well. So far, that is our only qualm with our Premium Plus! Hopefully there will be an easy fix.

Found this YouTube video of someone with a similar issue:

Last edited by a moderator:

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!