GX hood shakes

I've had mine for a couple weeks and plenty of highway and city driving. The only way I can see any vibrations when driving on the highway is watching closely and maybe there is some slight movement when I hit bumps in the road at highway speed, but certainly nothing that seems concerning. Today, however, I got my first carwash, all went fine, but at the end of the tunnel when the blowers were drying it off and blowing nearly straight down on the hood, the hood did have some fairly obvious bending and waving going on.

Has anyone pulled the underhood insulation down to see what it looks like under it? There may be a way you can add some sound deadening to the skin and maybe some rubber between the cross members and skin. This works wonders in doors and should also easily fix the flexing of the thin sheet metal on the hood. Be careful not to overdo the sound deadening to the point where it makes the sheet metal sag where there is no crossmembers. A good picture of what it looks like under the insulation would help, if anyone is willing to do that.

I noticed the hood insulation is missing one of the pushpins. I will try to get a replacement and see if it will make a difference.

Still interested to know what it looks like under the hood insulation if you can snap a picture.

I didn't remove the insulation cover. I couldn't get some of those pushpins out but I will sure take a pic if I can remove the cover. The pushpins are a little flimsy.

I posted a video driving well over 65mph on FB and no one could notice any hood vibration. It was much more apparent on my 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Much to do about nothing, you are talking about the slightest flutter you have to look for due to the weight of the hood as it is made out of aluminum (common occurrence on aluminum hoods) you really have to look for it and if you are bothered by it you are likely bothered by everything.

I posted a video driving well over 65mph on FB and no one could notice any hood vibration. It was much more apparent on my 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Much to do about nothing, you are talking about the slightest flutter you have to look for due to the weight of the hood as it is made out of aluminum (common occurrence on aluminum hoods) you really have to look for it and if you are bothered by it you are likely bothered by everything.
Absolutely well said

While this is concerning, I've never seen a hood shake on a vehicle. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention or driving in cars that don't present a hood shake.

Per @CCTX comment above, has anyone successfully adjusted the hood cushions/stoppers (not insulation pins) and fixed the issue?

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510